Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Unique Yeshiva for Boys

alef22

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 11:14 am
Does anyone know of a boy's Yeshiva in the States that is smallish and gives alot of personal attention to the Talmidim? One of my sons is in a big, "famous" Yeshiva but has had a difficult time managing his time and dealing with a VERY needy, sensitive nature. B'H he is a good, frum boy so alot of the "alternate" offerings would make him feel horrible--he is not going off the derech or causing trouble. All his brothers are successful in very solid, mainstream Yeshivos so his self esteem is so fragile. He is just wired differently than the average 9th grade bochur.
My husband is considering bringing him home or having us move to another city. The local offering is a modern school not a Yeshiva per say.

Motek

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 11:25 am
I think there are many yeshivos that are for good, frum boys who need a lot of personal attention, you need to do your homework to find out which ones are options for you. I recommend that you call people in chinuch, Rabbi Yaakov Horowitz of Monsey (and project YES) and ask him for suggestions.

Quote:
My husband is considering bringing him home or having us move to another city. The local offering is a modern school not a Yeshiva per say.

VERY IMPORTANT: do not remove your son from yeshiva UNTIL he is registered in another yeshiva!!!!!!!

And he should finish the school year which ends in two months.

And the local modern school is not an option for a good, frum boy.

alef22

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 12:20 pm
Thank you Motek for your reply. Rabbi Horowitz is a great idea--
My son will go back after Peasach to finish the year--he likes the Yeshiva he is in--he has a very patient, loving Rebbe but we were told that they don't have 10th grade Rebeim who can hand hold the bochrum like 9th grade. I understand this--my son is definitely different. I have to find a way to not let his self esteem suffer more when he will have to leave this Yeshiva and go to a "special" kind of place. His brothers are good boys but they have to be strongly cautioned not to project onto my 9th grader this "top Yeshiva" mindset that exists.

ilvmommyhood

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 12:27 pm
If you are Lubavtich- look into Tucson, AZ. They are doing awesome stuff there and the Shemtovs are amazing people.

alef22

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 1:14 pm
We are not Lubavich but it would be worthwhile to contact the couple you mentioned anyway to get their perspective on the whole issue. Thank you.

Motek

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 7:00 pm
okay, I asked a few people and here are some recommendations to follow up on:

Yeshiva Darchei Torah in Far Rockaway
Yeshiva of Belle Harbor

the yeshiva in Peekskill, NY
the yeshiva in Scranton

rydys

Post Tue, Apr 26 2005, 7:52 pm
You should look into WITS in Milwaukee. 414-963-9317. It is an excellent mainstream yeshiva which is on the smallish side. The rebbeim are very involved personally with the boys.

alef22

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 9:50 am
I greatly appreciate your replies--"me k'amcha yisroel?" No mother should feel she is raising her children alone--they are all our concern, as this forum demonstrates.

Tefila

Post Thu, Apr 28 2005, 5:23 pm
Quote:
I greatly appreciate your replies--"me k'amcha yisroel?" No mother should feel she is raising her children alone--they are all our concern, as this forum demonstrates

Surprised That is Hakoras Hatov big time, want to pm Yael what u just wrote! Uh oh I know what our next thread will be Very Happy

alef22

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 10:30 am
Good idea Freilich. My post Pesach brain may be slow---what is the next threat going to be?

alef22

Post Mon, May 02 2005, 10:32 am
Oh my--I better use my spell check today!!! I meant to say "next THREAD" not threat!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children