Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
My neighbors prozac medication was delivered to my house
Previous  1  2  3

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:11 pm
amother wrote:
I think you're being naive. (Respectfully.) There is a reason that drugs come in safety packaging, because tampering is a real thing. I wouldn't go near my pills if I thought that someone other than the pharmacist touched them. There is precedent here, re: tampered with drugs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....rders

(And I'm not sure about Prozac specifically, but if we're talking about generic drugs they often are very different looking than their peers. One month my generic Lamictal is blue, the next it's white. I hope I'm making sense here.)

Fact is, drugs are safety packaged for a reason.

That's interesting, I was going to give another example of a murderer spraying cyanide on the pills. Guess I'm not that original. OK so one mass murderer did this 30 years ago. So, since the pills don't come with a tamper-proof seal, anyone who works in the packaging part of the pharmacy mail-order business can do something like this. So why do we trust the pills without tamper-proof seals in the first place? Are the pharmacists personally packing them directly into the mail-order envelopes?

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:13 pm
Please someone tell me has the woman gotten her meds yet?

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:19 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Please someone tell me has the woman gotten her meds yet?

Yes OP posted that she did.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:29 pm
I just want to add in a further line of questioning, how can you ever trust anything you buy? In the case of that murderer, people were buying tylenol in stores after he had bought and returned the tylenol after lacing them with cyanide (before the days of tamper-proof seals.) But there are so many ways a murderer can "get to you." A person who delivers groceries can spray poison on produce or inject poison in produce. A person can return clothes after lacing them with anthrax. Someone can buy safe household cleaner and replace it with hydrochloric acid. And so on...going along this line of reasoning, how can we trust anyone, anything, anywhere, ever?

That was why I thought it didn't make sense to have this kind of fear, because if extrapolated, you would be constantly afraid of everything all the time.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:36 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
I just want to add in a further line of questioning, how can you ever trust anything you buy? In the case of that murderer, people were buying tylenol in stores after he had bought and returned the tylenol after lacing them with cyanide (before the days of tamper-proof seals.) But there are so many ways a murderer can "get to you." A person who delivers groceries can spray poison on produce or inject poison in produce. A person can return clothes after lacing them with anthrax. Someone can buy safe household cleaner and replace it with hydrochloric acid. And so on...going along this line of reasoning, how can we trust anyone, anything, anywhere, ever?

That was why I thought it didn't make sense to have this kind of fear, because if extrapolated, you would be constantly afraid of everything all the time.

I'm not generally afraid of being poisoned--Pre-frum, I was known not to wash fruit/veggies--but I'm old enough to remember when tamper-proof packaging came to be. I wouldn't have noticed a thing if we were talking an rx cream/lotion

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:39 pm
This is why I tell my dr to send my ssri to a pharmacy where I can pick it up. I do use mail order for all other drugs. Also, after reading this whole thread I think I would actually rather my neighbor throw it out, then know that someone else knows about it and worry the she could potentially tell others. But I also have plenty of extra meds so no risk of running out.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 10:32 pm
gp2.0 wrote:

You raise valid points.

Hiwever, I think there's something about medication that is especially vulnerable, therefore more safety precautions are required. Even an accidental mixup of pills can kill, whereas to replace bleach with hydrochloric acid would require a psychopathic mastermind.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics