Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How do I get my 7wk old to fall asleep on his own for a nap!

pink_nails

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 3:18 pm
I'm going crazy!! poor kid I keep trying to put him in bed and rock him w/ paci but it's not working. Tried letting him cry but I'm feeling so guilty! B'h at night hes fine just during the day is an issue.
Any ideas??

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 3:27 pm
Might be overtired and having a hard time settling himself down. At they age, he shouldn't be awake for more than 2 hours at a time. Try to anticipate this and help him get to sleep before he flips out. Desperate measures to 'reset the clock' may be (Dependinf on what your baby responds to) baby carrier (worked almost instantly for my baby at that age. They love the feeling of closeness), stroller walks, sound machine, loud shushing noises, swaying/vigorous rocking

Good luck!

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 3:29 pm
Have you tried swaddling? Even if he cries for the first few minutes, after settling most babies like it.

imaima

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 3:42 pm
pink_nails wrote:
I'm going crazy!! poor kid I keep trying to put him in bed and rock him w/ paci but it's not working. Tried letting him cry but I'm feeling so guilty! B'h at night hes fine just during the day is an issue.
Any ideas??

I haven't learnt this trick myself yet...
Just don't let him cry yet. You may try to let him wimper for a minute or two in case he settles, but not really cry

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 4:53 pm
Ime 7 weeks is wayy too young to fall asleep on their own even with a swaddle. Going for walks, a swing, a car ride or rocking is what works. I'm sure there are babies you do just fall asleep on their own but most need to be rocked. Read the happiest baby on the block to understand.

Nicole

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 5:31 pm
Read Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child. 7 week olds can be taught to self soothe without crying.

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 5:36 pm
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer has a "shush-pat" method, I never used it with my others but have occasionally with my baby now, and it seems to work

pink_nails

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 10:32 pm
Thanx for the response, I act dont do swaddling since he sleeps on his stomach so I think that's cuddly enough for him. Basically he falls asleep while nursing then wakes as soon as I lay him down. I've tried pushing the paci n softly shaking the bed but he gets angry n doesn't want it. Keeps smacking his lips now I'm starting to think maybe hes still hungry or I'm just so dizzy from all his that I'm just trying to pin the problem on something Crying.
I've heard of these books- baby whisper and others, can anyone tell me what they've read and if they were happy w/ it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics