Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Husband jolting up in bed a few times a night???

fbc

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:26 am
I want sure what category this should go under, but this hahas been bothering me so much! I must start off by saying that a normal night for my husband consists of getting up twice at most in the middle of the night, either to go to the bathroom or get a drink or both. And he is totally fine the next day. But lately, he does not have a night where he doesn't jolt up suddenly, look around nervously, then more recently he had started bouncing up and down, shaking his feet, and the newest development is that he was talking saying "I know I know I know". As if he is telling me that he knows he just did it again. I usually ask him if he's ok, but not always cuz he tells me during the day when discussing it that either he totally doesn't remember that happening, or if by chance he does, he didn't have any bad dream, and he felt 100% fine. Any idea what this could be? He says he must have been like this for years, but he has had his own room for years, so no one ever noticed. Anyone else know what this could be, or have any advice?

yOungM0mmy

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 9:53 am
Check out sleep apnea

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 10:33 am
Totally second the sleep apnea idea. At least try to get him a sleep study so they can rule out some things.

Also ask if he remembers anything from right before he wakes up. I know someone who has crazy dreams and moves while asleep. Then will startle awake.

fbc

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 10:37 am
Ok thanks, I'll check it up! Don't know why I didn't think of that

myself

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 7:00 am
Could be restless leg syndrome.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics