Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What would be a fair price to resell these items for?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 2:16 pm
I have several used items that are in very good condition that I am looking to resell. I tried doing some research by looking for the going rate for these items on ebay and craigslist but there is quite a range of prices I am seeing. I am trying to figure out what would be a fair price for the following items. Obviously I would like to get as much money as possible but I don't want to overcharge others. Also I want to ask for prices that are fair so that more people will respond to my ad. (If it makes any difference I live in NYC). Thanks.

Baby trend single snap n go stroller frame
Graco snugride infant carseat with base (it's 6 1/2 years old but in excellent condition and has never been in an accident. Also it's the older version that's only meant to go up to 20 pounds)
vibrating bouncy seat for infants
Baby Eintsein jumparoo (not sure if I'm going to sell this yet but trying to figure out a price in case I do)
7 cubic foot chest freezer

Anonymous because I've discussed this IRL.

suzyq

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 2:20 pm
If the infant carseat is 6-1/2 years old, it is probably expired and should not be resold.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 2:29 pm
suzyq wrote:
If the infant carseat is 6-1/2 years old, it is probably expired and should not be resold.

I thought they expired after 10 years but I'll double check the date on it just to be sure.

2cents

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 2:36 pm
I just bought a 6 year old car chicco carseat from a yardsale for $5. I got it because it was in perfect condition cosmetically, and I wanted to have a spare cover for my own (newer) chicco carseat, because my baby tends to spit up in it, and I don't always get to wash it right away. I don't know that I would have bought it to actually use.

I also bough a baby einstien excersaucer for $7. again, about as old, great condition.
the yard sale was in the five towns area, and I assume yardsale prices are cheaper than what you can get on craigslist, etc/

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 11:35 am
Bump. I really would like to sell these items ASAP.

Here are the prices I was thinking of please let me know if you think these are fair prices.

Baby trend single snap n go stroller frame - $40
Graco snugride infant carseat with base (it's 6 1/2 years old but in excellent condition and has never been in an accident. Also it's the older version that's only meant to go up to 20 pounds) - $20 (if purchased together with stroller would sell both for $55)
vibrating bouncy seat for infants - $10
Baby Eintsein jumparoo (not sure if I'm going to sell this yet but trying to figure out a price in case I do) - $45
7 cubic foot chest freezer - $100

Also a hard plastic toddler bed (either little tikes or step 2 brand-don't remember which) -$40

happy12

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 12:12 pm
generally it is not more than 10% of the original price unless it is a big ticket item. IMO you are asking too much.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics