Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Only Jewish babysitter

amother1223

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 5:10 am
Those of you who live OOT and use only Jewish babysitter/nanny can you tell me your reasoning? How difficult is it to find someone? Where do you look?

oliveoil

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 5:12 am
Haven't you posted this before?

busy mommy

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 6:59 am
ok here are some of my reasons.
1. I want my kids to be around someone who has the same values as me (I obviously look for a babysitter that fits my family) ex: no videos, no nonjewish music...(things that I may not necessarily specify for a non jew until a situation comes up)
2. as much as you explain kashrus to a non jew mistakes happen and I do not want mistakes to happen if it is up to me.
3. on the positive side I would prefer to have someone who may daven, or sing jewish songs, or tell jewish stories to my kids

myself

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 7:10 am
Does one really need to explain the reasoning behind wanting to leave our children with a Jewish babysitter?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 7:34 am
It was impossible for me. The only one I found was immensely secular, as in Israeli but non brissed son.

amother1223

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 8:01 am
I am wondering a)bc I am a bt and grew up with only non Jewish nannies b) where I live no one is particular about Jewish nannies babysitters and they leave the baby with cleaning lady non English illegal type this I am not comf with but it is difficult to find Jewish babysitter nanny where I live and I'm wondering if it's worth the headache of trying to find one or just give in and find a non Jew to help me. I've had a few non Jews help and they treifed some things up so j agree with the kashrut issue

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 3:25 pm
Jews always had non Jewish servants and employees. Chassidim, sefardim...
Rashi allows non J wetnurse.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics