Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Pinny the Peanut by Rochel Burstyn

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 4:13 pm
I heard it's a children's book all about peanut allergies. Have you read it, liked it, or what are your comments. I have grandchildren with allergies and I'd get it for them if its any good.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 4:26 pm
amother wrote:
I heard it's a children's book all about peanut allergies. Have you read it, liked it, or what are your comments. I have grandchildren with allergies and I'd get it for them if its any good.

I heard from a friend of mine who has a child with many severe allergies, that it was well done.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 10 2015, 5:32 am
I have a 6 y.o with severe allergies and he LOVES the book. it can be read as a story but there's also serious facts and some of what goes on 'behind the allergy' - I'm not scientific myself but my allergic kid LOVES that page. (I sometimes try and skip that page... its separate from the story and a little technical)
I think it helps him feel less alone about his allergies - he's the only one in his class with allergies. I think its a great book and highly recommend it to all families with allergies ... but more than that, classes that have an allergic kid inn it.

MrsMarmite

Post Mon, Aug 10 2015, 5:33 am
Its a great book. did you read the review on vosizneis??

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 10 2015, 6:26 am
It's supposed to be excellent; I trust the judgment of the friend who told me so.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 10 2015, 8:13 am
I'm a big fan of the book and I dont think its b/c I'm biased becuase I know the writer ... Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room