Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
S/o laundry in nine days

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 10:52 pm
Out of pure curiosity.

How much clothing do you and your kids have?

For example: how many skirts, tops, shells, socks, tights, underwear, bras, pajamas for you.

How many pants/skirts, tee shirts, bathing suits, shabbos outfits, pajamas, socks, underwear, etc ... For kids. What are their ages?

In the nine days laundry thread so many people are writing that there is no way they can get through without laundry. I can understand that there's not enough clothing for the kids, like shirts or pants, but do the kids not have nine pairs of underwear and socks?

Also, as an adult, you don't really need more then five tops, because you can wear each top twice- do people really get dirty everyday?

I'm just curious what the average amount of clothing is for you and different age kids.

Would love to hear your answers!

Maya

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 10:59 pm
Too much of everything. I can get away with not washing laundry for close to two weeks.

good times

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 11:07 pm
I think it depends on the size of your kids. This week we've had mishaps on clothing due to a sick kid (throw up), an accident or several, and arts and crafts messes from their play at camp. Not to mention the mess of young children trying to feed themselves etc. When I was preparing for the nine days there were several shirts I had to wash and try again to prepare due to children making a mess of my clothes. So yes it's hard to get through the nine days with the laundry prepared. Additionally it's hot outside and I'm a sweater so it's not realistic to wear the same outfit twice even if they get through the day unscathed.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 11:18 pm
good times wrote:
I think it depends on the size of your kids. This week we've had mishaps on clothing due to a sick kid (throw up), an accident or several, and arts and crafts messes from their play at camp. Not to mention the mess of young children trying to feed themselves etc. When I was preparing for the nine days there were several shirts I had to wash and try again to prepare due to children making a mess of my clothes. So yes it's hard to get through the nine days with the laundry prepared. Additionally it's hot outside and I'm a sweater so it's not realistic to wear the same outfit twice even if they get through the day unscathed.

So you never wear the same top twice, and you have less then nine tops?

good times

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 11:22 pm
I have more than 9 tops and approx 7 shells but mishaps happen more often than not and sometimes one top might not last a full day. For children due to the situations I've posted above we can go through a few outfits a day.

good times

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 11:26 pm
During a regular week, I always wear a top once without washing it again.

justmarried

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 12:24 am
I do wear my outer tops and skirts multiple times before washing. But I wash my shell either every time or every other time. I only have 2 white shells and 2 black shells. The white shells tend to get dirty every time I wear them thanks to cooking and dealing with little kids.

How many bra's do most people have? I only have 2 that fit now. In this heat I try to only wear it once. Sometimes twice if I wasn't out in the heat, but never more than that. Believe me, I am washing them in the 9 days. I don't have 9 underpants either or 9 pairs of tights. My size is always fluctuating. Maybe if not I would have more stuff. Now I have a lot of things but in different sizes. And tights tend to tear pretty often.

I have little kids and do laundry for them as normal. They get dirty every single day, especially the 2 younger ones. And they don't have 9 sets of underwear or 9 outfits either! They dont need to since in a normal week I do laundry 2-3 times.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics