Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Bleeding on neck

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 9:08 pm
Hi, my baby has raw skin in the folds of his neck. He has had this since he was born. But now when I gently wipe away dirt that gathers there I see blood. He is 6 months old.
I will show it to the dr as soon as possible but until then is there something I could do? And is this common? I've never seen this with any of my other kids.

Anon because I just showed it to someone

mommyla

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 9:34 pm
My kids had raw skin in their fat neck rolls, but they never actually bled. Make sure you dry in all the folds after his bath and then apply cornstarch or baby powder (not talc) with your fingers. If it's really raw, try putting Desitin on the raw patches for a couple of days, it should clear up quickly.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 9:41 pm
It may have become infected or gotten a yeast infection. Your doctor will probably prescribe some type of cream for it. After it has healed, always keep clean and dry. Lots of babies drool and somehow their necks get very wet.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 9:59 pm
Ok, thanks so much. I'll try the baby powder and see how it goes.

mommyla

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 10:28 pm
Make sure the baby powder is pure cornstarch, not talc. Talc is dangerous when inhaled.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 10:48 pm
Sounds like it may be intretigo. The skin folds of the neck is a very common area for this to occur in babies. We see it in the office often enough.

Happy18

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 10:49 pm
Try diaper cream. That's what my doctor told me to use when my daughter had irritation in her neck.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 8:38 am
My dr used to prescribe nystatin and Westcort and I mixed the two in my palm and applied at times that it was very raw....for maintenance in between I used cornstarch powder
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics