Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Arranging 6 carpool drivers for a 5 day week
Previous  1  2

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 7:55 am
Tziril Miriam wrote:
I never saw an answer to "How do you fit 6 kids safely in a car?"

Minivan, at what age can a child sit in the shotgun seat?
I grew up with a 15 passenger van...

ETA: VW Bug Clown

animeme

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 8:04 am
In my world, most people have eight seaters, so 6 works even without the front seat (assuming nobody has to takr other kids along.) Depending on the kids' ages, though, there can be a booster problem. You can't have more than 4.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 8:37 am
Raisin wrote:
sanguines idea is good but there are only 10 calendar months in a school year so someone (2 someones) will feel like they are losing out.
I'm assuming everyone won't last all year - Someone will switch schools, someone will get a smaller car, some mother will break her arm and not be able to drive the last months anyway, some kid will be thrown out of school... Who knows what will be by March?

If they're all still around by March and like the month off idea they can make it just 3 week shifts (a little confusing when you tell someone that they're off from April 23 - May 11 but if they really can't handle that, I'm not sure if I want them driving my child)

Sanguine

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 8:54 am
baltomom wrote:
And BTW, Sanguine, you're laughing about making up carpool schedules in July? Would you believe that I've been in carpools that made up the schedule in NOVEMBER for the next school year? People are awfully intense about their carpools around here!
We really only carpool in Gan cause we have buses or kids bike/walk or tremp (hitch) to school. But we also have carpools for Chugim (after school clubs).

My best gan carpool was one year that all 5 kids lived on our block. No pick up. When you went out your door all the kids were there waiting for you. We have 6 days of school so everyone took 1 day and we rotated Friday.

But the next year it backfired on me. Some of the older kids went onto first grade so one parent let kids from another block join and somehow I ended up out Sad . I put together another carpool but not as convenient. Maybe I should have signed everyone up in November like you said Smile .
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children