Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Whirlpool vs. LG vs. Electrolux stackable washer dryer

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 2:32 pm
I was given a great quote on an LG. Anyone familiar with these machines? What should I look for when purchasing a stackable washer dryer?

Also, I am finding that different retailers recommend different machines. One company claims that Electrolux is top-of-the-line, LG is almost as good, while another company highly recommends the Whirlpool, and implies that Electrolux is mediocre.

sprayonlove

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 3:28 pm
I just bought a whirlpool and I'm happy with it. Electrolux isn't top of the line, but it's supposed to be a good brand.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 6:00 pm
LG has horrible customer service ! We had to replace our washer dryer and went w Lg and I endlessly regret it. The dryer needed 2 major repairs, the washer one - all in less than a year.
The store we bought the dryer from won't take it back and I'm stuck now.

gazingblue

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 9:11 pm
I'm also in the market for this now and will be following this thread. As for Electrolux (which is what I currently have)--I found that repair people didn't want to touch it. Any recommendations out there for which brand to purchase?

m+m

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 9:14 pm
I vote for Whirpool. I was told that they have been around the longest as far as washers go. Extremely happy with mine. It's not a stacker

tweety1

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 9:27 pm
Not very happy with my whirlpool. On numerous occasions I've used my mother Electrolux. It's a lot better than my whirlpool. Washes a lot better. As far as the dryer is concerned I hate my dryer!

mommyla

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 9:32 pm
I love my LG, but I've only had it for a couple of years and it hasn't needed service so no comment on the customer service. It washes well and dries quickly.

jflower

Post Wed, Jul 22 2015, 10:25 pm
How about calling a local appliance repair place to find out which is the most/least repaired washer/dryer? You might get some tips that way.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 8:49 am
jflower wrote:
How about calling a local appliance repair place to find out which is the most/least repaired washer/dryer? You might get some tips that way.

That was a great idea! So I called my repair guy he said not to take an LG or Electrolux - only a "simple Whirlpool" - but unfortunately, DH took the call when he called back, so I didn't get to ask him what he meant by "simple." I left him another message, but would anyone know what he meant?

tweety1

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 9:00 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
That was a great idea! So I called my repair guy he said not to take an LG or Electrolux - only a "simple Whirlpool" - but unfortunately, DH took the call when he called back, so I didn't get to ask him what he meant by "simple." I left him another message, but would anyone know what he meant?

The repair men all recommend whirlpool. But as far as getting clean laundry the Electrolux does a much better job

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 9:26 am
I have my Whirlpool Duet front loader for a year now. I am very happy with how it washes - it has soak options and self dispense detergent. The only negative about it is that the washing machine has to be left wide open if you don''t want it to smell. If you have a laundry room that's fine but if your machine is in a closet then the door always has to be open and it makes for a very messy look.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 11:26 am
I have not been impressed with my dealings with the Whirlpool duet. Someone I know who has a far smaller household than mine had to replace theirs a few years after getting their first, at least with an extended warranty they purchased most of it was covered. Numerous repairs have been needed. Fast load is anything but fast. You have to press and hold the start button, and I have many times tried to do laundry thinking it started but not realizing I didn't hold it long enough.

LG I have only used a top loader (HE).

We have had our Electrolux for 4 years now, B"H not a single issue. Well except for the time a toothpick was missed in the laundry and went through a hole and made a racket (machine still worked fine). My husband was able to take out the drum and find the culprit and put back the machine, no outside service professional needed (my husband has no training in this, he just watched a youtube video) so I wonder my appliance repairmen won't touch it. Anyway, that is not anything to do with the machine itself. Mine has a fast wash of 18 minutes. Unlike the Whirlpool which gives an estimated time and then takes WAY longer, this actually does do a quick item that fast (it has come in handy too many times to count) -- I don't use it for loads, but for a needed item (car seat cover that was vomited on and needs to be used again in a few hours, Purim costumes, camp shirt that reeks and realized we need it in the morning...) Also, it has the ability to switch sides of the door which was a feature that most others didn't have and was something I was filtering my search on, if that is a concern.

I have no comments on any specific dryers though. We had a cheap Whirlpool which was a total lemon, but not from the HE Duet line.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 11:28 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

Probably old style, no digital display, which would be hard to find. Sad

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 11:29 am
tweety1 wrote:
The repair men all recommend whirlpool. But as far as getting clean laundry the Electrolux does a much better job

I don't know how many loads of cloth diapers I have done in my Electrolux, but for all I was told of front loaders not washing well, B"H my diapers are just fine and have gone through 2 kids thus far.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry