Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Tisha b'av projects for kids in Lakewood- where to get?

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 9:59 am
I’m looking for projects for the kids for tisha b’av. Any ideas WHAT I could get? And WHERE I could get it? my kids are 6 and 9.
I live in Lakewood.
Thanks!

sky

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 10:08 am
I haven't been to Michael's (next to Kohls) in a while - but I normally go before tisha b'av and hope to still go.

Toward the back of the store they have a wood craft isle. They have small wooden model planes and cars and boats. Some come with paint. I'd rather the kids color them with markers. And then glue together. They cost about $1-3. Then wood sets with crayons - paddle ball, puzzles. Also wooden jewelery box and frames. They can color or paint for grandparents.
I sometimes buy "fancy" plastic beads (clear) and silver pipe cleaners and let them make napkin rings as gifts for upcoming yomim tovim for grandparents.
Other kits: Perler beads, hot plate looms, Spirograph.
Lots of stickers, papers, new markers and coloring book etc.

also you can check out Hobby Lobby down route 9, (my daughter's camp got some cute craft kits there) or Creative Kids on Clifton.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 10:46 am
I can't tell you wear you can get anything in Lakewood, but for projects, I can tell you what we made having to do with the bais hamikdosh and what we made this week because it's winter vacation.

We made a model of the bais hamikdosh using paper. The picture happens to be in the Bina or Mispacha magazine from a few months ago. Never saw it Mad !! We also bought paper that looks a little like stone and put it on our porch glass doors to build the kotel.

This week, we made colored salt in bottles, boat with a sponge, train with boxes, and a zoo. They were my childrens idea, but I figured out how to do it and they did it.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 11:26 am
We found nice projects in Toys 4 u and Center of Town - Shoprite Plaza. I just saw Daily Deals advertised the same type of projects, but I didn't go there yet.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 11:27 am
Yo'ma, I wish I was like you. Unfortunately I'm the type who needs to buy a prepared kit. I'm not good with ideas, and even if we come up with any I never know how to make them work out.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 11:37 am
glutenless wrote:
Yo'ma, I wish I was like you. Unfortunately I'm the type who needs to buy a prepared kit. I'm not good with ideas, and even if we come up with any I never know how to make them work out.

Same here- I need ready made projects too. So good to see some suggestions!

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 11:46 am
There's a small craft store in someone's house down Route 9 south. They're open today 1:30 - 3.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 11:58 am
Amazing savings is also a great option. They have a whole crafts aisle.

mom2be1

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 1:47 pm
I was just by daily deals on 2nd street and got some pretty good stuff. Activity books, Jewish crafts, outdoor water play and bubbles. Sometimes kids are happy with cheap prizes!

sky

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 6:20 pm
I went to Michael's today. they don't have the kits anymore.
I got mugs to paint, color by number, picture frame to color, paint kits and some other small items. But there wasn't a huge selection.

If you go, there is a 20% and 40% off coupons online.

I heard Deals on Second has crafts like other posters mentioned.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children