Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
ISO tilapia recipe - easy only

Bitachon101

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 11:21 am
Aside from my simple supper for my kids, I got some tilapia fillets to make for my dh.
But I have no clue where to start or what to make or how....
So what's an easy tasty tilapia recipe... With directions please?

alwaysbesimcha

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 11:28 am
You can spice it with salt, garlic powder and onion powder, spray it with oil and bake it at 425° for about 20 minutes depending on size of fillet.

be good

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 11:34 am
I make this all the time:
http://www.101cookingfortwo.co.....apia/

Minus the cayenne, because I don't have any. And I don't bother with the tartar sauce.

So quick and easy, and so healthy. My kids (and dh) gobble it up.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 11:44 am
See the recipe I posted down the page of the link below.
Really easy and really delicious.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....65845

PAMOM

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 11:53 am
Do you have or can you look up an easy pesto recipe?preheat oven to 400. Oil or spray the bottom of a baking dish. Put tilapia in and cover each piece with pesto. Cover and bake 25 minutes.

iamamother

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 1:03 pm
slice veggies- peppers, mushrooms and onions
smear olive oil on fish
sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder on both sides
sprinkle some lemon juice
smear teriyaki sauce
lay fish over veggies
bake covered 400 for about 20 min.

so simple but very good! and best served over mashed potatoes (pasta or rice r also good)

btw- I have done this with flounder and salmon too- its very good. for salmon you may have to adjust the cooking time

mha3484

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 2:16 pm
My mother spreads a thin layer of mayo and Parmesan cheese and broils for about 7 min.

You can also pour salsa over and cover and bake for 20 min at 350.

Fish Tacos are fun. Just spice with garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder and fry or broil. Put in a tortilla or taco shell with anything you like. Cheese, tomatoes, lettuce. Your kids might even eat it that way.

shuls_613

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 2:55 pm
I make it a lot and in a very easy way. I rub a little olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper- could use other spices if you want and then either put it in the oven on broiler setting or you can cook it in a frying pan on the stove. It's tastes good, easy to prepare, and cooks quickly.

Butterfly07

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 4:45 pm
Lay fish in pan. Spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle all over/ shake some Salt, Pepper, fresh squeezed Lemon Juice, Spray with cooking spray again. Put in already heated oven @390' for 20min. Enjoy Smile

Butterfly07

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 4:48 pm
Lay in pan. Shake on some Onion power, Garlic powder, Paprika, Salt (can add some dill to look fancy). Spray some cooking spray on top. Cook in already heated oven @390' for 20min. Enjoy!!

rachel6543

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 6:30 pm
My husband loves tiplia this way. Can be served plain with homemade tartar sauce, in a hamburger bun or corn tortillas as fish tacos.

Cut fish to desired size. Marinate tilapia in lemon juice a few minutes. Then dip in eggs, then bread crumbs. (I usually season the bread crumbs with lemon pepper, onion powder and a little garlic powder.) Then dip in egg again and then dip in bread crumbs. Fry in a little oil (I prefer olive oil) a few minutes on each side until breading is golden color. You can easily make a big batch and reheat leftovers on the stove or in the oven.

octopus

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 7:21 pm
not so healthy but buy the pre-seasoned breadcrumbs (NOT the plain!) crack a few eggs, dip (defrosted) fish into egg, then into bread crumb, and place in oiled frying pan, cook on each side until brown. tastes like a fresh fish stick, only better!

Ashrei

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 8:40 pm
2 cloves garlic chopped (medium/large pieces)
2 tilapia fillets
2 large carrots sliced into long pieces about 3" long, 1/2" thin or thinner
1/8 cup virgin olive oil
1/2 lemon cut into wedges
salt
pepper

Rinse filets and season to taste with salt and pepper on both sides.
Put oil in large frying pan on medium high heat. Saute garlic.
Put in carrots and lay fillets on top.
Cover and let cook. Flip fillets when halfway done.
Serve with rice. Near East rice pilaf is a nice and easy side.
You can substitute or add other vegetables, but I think the carrots really give the fish a great flavor.
Doubles OK, I just have to make 2 batches bc of the size of the frying pan.

Bitachon101

Post Mon, Jul 20 2015, 10:11 pm
I'm gonna do eeny meeny miny moe... And pray whichever one I choose doesn't flop on me...
(One day I'll get this stuff right)
Let's wait and see either tomorrow or Wednesday.

PAMOM

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 1:00 pm
I just did Ra_mom's in the oven. I added a little dried basil. So so simple and yummy.

Bitachon101

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 8:06 pm
UPDATE:
I ended up making alwaysbesimchas quick spiced version in oven and Rachel6543 breadcrumb version (2 sep dishes) and guess what!?! Not only didn't it flop but it came out yum!!! (Coming from someone that isn't a fish girl!)

Yay!!!!! Pat on my back! Hurrah!

But I did have to flop something.
Not sure how its possible to flop the osem isreali couscous but it came out tasting bland from just salt so I tried to spice it and killed it. Oh well. At least the main dish came out good!!
Now I can add "making tilapia" to my list of know how's in the kitchen Smile

I sound like such a child but I'm honestly proud of myself. Thanks moms.... You da best!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics