Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Shabbos and Motzei Tisha B'Av Menus...

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 12:23 pm
What are you making?

I feel so overwhelmed. You can't wash dishes until Sunday afternoon... and to add to it, we're going on vacation on Monday morning. So at some point I need to do laundry and pack. Sunday night is going to be a long night...

GoodnDear

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 12:26 pm
Oh wow! No ideas for you (I'll follow this thread for some!) just wanna wish you good luck!!

yaeli83

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 12:51 pm
If you are worried about the dishes, Use disposable. even if you wouldn't normally use it, you can buy nicer disposabke dishes for this Shabbos.
Pack whatever you can pack now, before Sunday night.

For 3rd meal we are having shnitzel, sesamee noodles or pasta salad, salads, and fruit.

Motzai tisha baav- super easy- bagels, lox, cream cheese, tuna salad, eggs, fruit.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 12:59 pm
I am planning on using paper goods for shabbos. When the fast is over I want to shower and do laundry. I have to go to work Monday morning. The meal before the fast I am planning on Fish, Spanish Tortilla and some type of salad. After the fast I am thinking of coffee and muffins, homemade veggie burgers on buns and a salad of some sort.

sitting

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 1:51 pm
u need to pack everything u can tomor imho....toys/books/dvds all the bits...swim stuff etc.
let kids wear stuff u dont need to take with.
food for bf fast salmon (double for fri eve starter) pasta dish or risotto and salad.
after fast bagels and lox....buy ahead and freeze.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 10:36 pm
Definitely use paper goods for Shabbos.

Pre-fast: salmon with dill Dijon sauce, pasta salad, avocado salad with egg quarters, watermelon, cheese latkes, bread

Post-fast: muffins, French omelettes, warm crusty baguettes, leafy salad

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jul 23 2015, 10:45 pm
NO DISHES!!! Don't even use pots. Heat everything up in disposable pans and use plastic dishes and silverware.

Can you send someone out to buy fresh rolls on Sunday? (I bought onion rolls today and put in the freezer.)

I don't know what types of food you like but I would stay away from cooking so as not to have to wash dishes. Use your toaser oven to heat things up. serve cheese ... You can even make hard boiled eggs in a disposable pan and serve with rolls, tomatoes, butter, cheese. Buy some danishes, orange juice .....

So nice that you are going away but I would also be overwhelmed with getting packed and organized. Even if it wouldn't be the day after tisha b'av....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note