Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Wake up clock

little_mage

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 6:17 pm
My four year old has been waking up really, really early. I'm thinking that I want to get one of those time to wake up clocks. Does anyone have one that they love? Also, any shabbat or yom tov issues with it? Right now I'm leaning toward this one: http://www.amazon.com/Patch-Pr.....oduct

simchat

Post Fri, Jul 24 2015, 8:08 pm
I use the gro clock and love it! Never had an issue on shabbos, but can`t set it second day yt. It changed my whole day. DD knew not to get out of bed until the clock is yellow and she`d literally call me from her bed to tell me she needs to use the bathroom etc, because she wouldn`t get out of bed before the clock was yellow. Now my son is in a `big` bed and it`s a different story. If I forget to lock it, he`ll change it and doesn`t always follow the rules. I`ve had it for so long though, they wont go to sleep until it`s set. Honestly, I think it depends on the child, but for me, it was a lifesaver.

timtam

Post Sat, Jul 25 2015, 11:21 pm
We also have a gro clock and it works for us. Main issue is during summertime when it's still shabbes at the kids' bedtime on Saturday night - means you can't set it before they go to sleep.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Jul 25 2015, 11:24 pm
I use a nightlight that's set on a Timer. Works great and a lot cheaper.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers