Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Not fasting...how do I conduct myself?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 6:29 am
In my 8th month and Rav said it is Assur for me to fast. I feel very confused though as to how I go about the day. Right after Shabbos I was cleaning up as per normal and DH said I shouldn't because if I had been fasting I definitely would not be cleaning up. How should I be eating...bare minimum? Can I clean/bake?

ahuva06

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 6:33 am
I am feeling similar to you. I feel so bad not to be fasting! My husband keeps reminding me that I can't be selfish and I have to eat as I normally would because there is a life inside of me that needs to be nourished and taken care of. I am trying to stay in a more serious mood and focus on what the day is all about. I think if we keep focused then we kind of answer our own questions on what exactly is allowed/not allowed... It's more about the spirit, IMO.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 7:59 am
I cleaned up motzei shabbos, and I AM fasting. I didn't wash any dishes, but I put everything away, finished loading the dishwasher (DIDNT turn it on), put everything else into the oven....I couldn't deal with the mess in the kitchen.
In terms of how to conduct yourself, just keep it low key. Eat and drink what you need when you need. Nothing fancy or major, and if there are people in your house who are dasting, don't eat or drink in front of them. I would wait until later in the day to do cooking or baking, if at all.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 8:33 am
Conduct yourself as you normally do. Before chatzos you sit on low chairs, dont greet people, learn eicha, dont cook or clean. After chatzos, these things are allowed. Doesnt make a difference if you are fasting or not.

NTR150153

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 9:34 am
Do you need to make havdala?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 9:41 am
I was told my kids should make havdala on warm tea or coffee before eating this morning.

Until chatzos I was told to do the bare minimum of cleaning after Shabbos. Such as only putting away perishables. I did clean off the table we ate on because I needed it for this morning. I'm waiting to attack my kitchen after chatzos.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 9:52 am
NTR150153 wrote:
Do you need to make havdala?

I was told that one who is eating should make havdala first, but always ask YOUR Posen if you aren't sure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note