Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
The day just gets away from me

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 1:27 am
I don't know where the time goes. I'm busy with a baby, but some days I can't even make it out of the house! How do people do it?

I have a 6 month old and a second grader. DH wakes the older child and she gets ready for camp all by herself. I get up and try to sneak in a pumping session (need breast milk to mix with baby's cereal) before the baby wakes up. Then nursing, then my breakfast, then baby's "breakfast" of cereal. We just started him on solids so it's more for practice then for nourishment. Then baby's bath and nursing again and hopefully a nap. I get dressed and try to do something productive around the house and eat lunch. Baby wakes up and I nurse again. By then it's too late to go anywhere and be back before DD comes home from camp. And I have to get dinner in the oven and nurse so the baby will be calm while we eat. Then getting DD off to bed and more household stuff and nursing and putting the baby to bed.

The only time I can run errands is during the baby's nap time, but then he won't sleep. He's too busy looking around curiously.

Help!

busydev

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 1:46 am
maybe try to do your baby's bath in the evening so you can go out in the morning. Im assuming you should be able to get 3-4 hours between feeds at this age. If you eat breakfast and are ready/dressed earlier then you might be able to get out right after babys breakfast for a couple hours.

ETA if that means waking up a bit earlier you can try to get a nap by baby's afternoon nap.

SRB

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 2:15 am
I still have a hard time getting out and my baby is 1.5 years old! Can you or your husband give your baby a bath in the evening or later day to free up some day time? I got a nursing cover to use when in public and found all the most private spots in the areas I frequent the most. It's hard to get out sometimes but if I dont, I get irritable so I just get up and go!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics