Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Ideas please! Twin Upsherin

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 11:08 pm
I know I can make two separate pekelach. But I want to spice things up a bit.

Any ideas?

Please post all ideas, regardless of price.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 1:39 am
Get very summery yellow or green tablecloths put daisies in vases - put white oblong plates by every place setting - put a pekel very original looking one on it. put ice coffee and a strawberry smoothie in stunning glass pitchers cheese muffins and cheese pies 3 different fresh salads mini baguettes avocado salad eggplant and white fish salad. Sable and lox pieces. Blintzes and one hot dish a quiche. Of course be a gracious host. The most important pray hard and take him to a Ehrliche yid to do the cutting and get a broche he should give you lots of nachas

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 1:45 am
Everything you put out on the table or buffet style put 2 together e.g. 2 salads touching each other 2 pitchers cakes cupcakes etc. 2 together. Get a big centerpiece cake looking like 2 cakes attached. The peklach can be 2 glued together.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 5:46 am
two cakes?

Do a black/white colour (or two other colours) scheme and dress each twin in one of the colors.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 3:56 pm
Raisin wrote:
two cakes?

Do a black/white colour (or two other colours) scheme and dress each twin in one of the colors.

Cute idea!

Any ideas for the pekalach?

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 4:04 pm
Get professionals of both of your twins. Have each twin wear contracting colors (your theme colors) bow ties / hats/ ect... . For example Yellow and Blue. Put the child with the blue bowtie pictures on a yellow bag decorated with blue polka dots and his twin with the yellow bowtie on the blue bag with yellow polka dots.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 4:28 pm
teawithlemon wrote:
Get professionals of both of your twins. Have each twin wear contracting colors (your theme colors) bow ties / hats/ ect... . For example Yellow and Blue. Put the child with the blue bowtie pictures on a yellow bag decorated with blue polka dots and his twin with the yellow bowtie on the blue bag with yellow polka dots.

Wow! Now you're getting creative!

MyKidsRQte

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 5:13 pm
I made a double upsherin. Being that my boys were born on chol hamoied sukkos, we made a birthday party in the sukkah, and the upsherin itself after yom tov! I didnt do any themes though

sky

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 5:28 pm
I like the idea of having two colors in the color scheme.

then do cookies, cupcakes, cakes, etc, in doubles in each color. anything with names in the correct corresponding colors.

For example:

Twin A: Yellow
Twin B: Turquoise

Cookies with Yellow icing say Twin A and Cookies with Turquoise icing say Twin B.
Yellow napkins say Twin A. Turquoise napkins say Twin B.
Each gives out pekalach in their color scheme.
etc...

trying1

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 6:18 pm
Not a creative idea but just a from experience idea - with my first set of boy twins I let one watch whilst the other had his hair cut. My 2nd yingele had hysterics throughout his brother's haircut and throughout his own. It was traumatic for all of us - and for years he hated having his hair cut. With my 2nd set (no- not kidding!) I gave the 2nd twin a new toy and a big uncle to play with whilst the first was having his haircut and then swapped over - worked so much better! No tears and we could concentrate on one child at a time!
Mazal Tov and enjoy the nachas!

alittlebirdie

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 6:24 pm
We put 2 black sttrips of electric tape along our while tablecloths and a dded strings to the 4 corners to look like tzitzis

kb

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 6:39 pm
Could you somehow make a huge scissor into a picture frame - one finger hole as a frame for each boy?

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 8:22 am
alittlebirdie wrote:
We put 2 black sttrips of electric tape along our while tablecloths and a dded strings to the 4 corners to look like tzitzis

I love this! So original!

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 8:25 am
trying1 wrote:
Not a creative idea but just a from experience idea - with my first set of boy twins I let one watch whilst the other had his hair cut. My 2nd yingele had hysterics throughout his brother's haircut and throughout his own. It was traumatic for all of us - and for years he hated having his hair cut. With my 2nd set (no- not kidding!) I gave the 2nd twin a new toy and a big uncle to play with whilst the first was having his haircut and then swapped over - worked so much better! No tears and we could concentrate on one child at a time!
Mazal Tov and enjoy the nachas!

I was thinking about this... Neither will love it I know, but one will surely throw himself so bad, it might be impossible to get his hair cut. Do you think a professional barber will better manage it or are family members better?
I don't want it to be a stressful/forced experience for him...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics