Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Which shark vacuum? Model, features etc

L K

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 3:35 pm
After seeing recommendations of shark vacuums here on imamother I'm looking into shark vacuum cleaners. To shark and non-shark owners: what models are better and what features to look for or avoid? Bagless?

So far I see two most common lines are navigator and rotator with further models and accessories whatnot.

Tia!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 8:55 pm
I have the Navigator Lift Away because that was in my budget, while the Rotator was not.
Bagless is what we prefer so that we never have to make sure we have bags in stock.
We liked the HEPA filtering and the fact that it's light weight. The Liftaway feature makes it easier for the stairs.
We don't need too many attachments and what ours came with was fine for our uses.
Works great on both our hardwood and carpet flooring.

We're not picky; we liked the 5 year warranty, the price, and it suited our needs so that was that.

My kids can use it easily too which is a bonus Wink

OutATowner

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 10:33 pm
I just got one on groupon. Shark NV502 Lift-Away Professional Upright Vacuum (Refurbished) for $139. I just couldnt afford it otherwise and was tired of my $50 vacuums breaking. I did a lot of research and that one had the best reviews. If you use ebates you'll get $12.60 back.
If you can afford it, pay full price and get it at Bed Bath and Beyond and you can return it if it breaks.
Although I haven't tried it yet, that one had the best online reviews.

OutATowner

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 10:35 pm
I just got one on groupon. Shark NV502 Lift-Away Professional Upright Vacuum (Refurbished) for $139. I just couldnt afford it otherwise and was tired of my $50 vacuums breaking. I did a lot of research and that one had the best reviews. If you use ebates you'll get $12.60 back.
If you can afford it, pay full price and get it at Bed Bath and Beyond and you can return it if it breaks.
Although I haven't tried it yet, that one had the best online reviews.

mommyla

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 10:41 pm
I have the Rotator Lift Away and it's great. Smooth pushing, easy to empty, attachments for the stairs and car, and it's bagless. I've been happy with it.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 10:52 pm
I am on my fourth shark vacuum in eight months. I bought them in costco and returned when they didnt work well anymore. I am not sure which one I have now but to me they were all similar.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 11:02 pm
I have the lift away too.
I actually bought it at kohls- was cheapest online by them.

I like it alot, however I don't feel like the suction is good enough.
It leave particles of dirt in my floor.

L K

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 10:00 am
amother wrote:
I have the lift away too.
I actually bought it at kohls- was cheapest online by them.

I like it alot, however I don't feel like the suction is good enough.
It leave particles of dirt in my floor.

Amother green, do you have rotator or navigator?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics