Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
How much is a teachers salary in Baltimore? Hard to find?

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 11:01 pm
We're looking to relocate and are strongly considering Baltimore, however, we want to make sure that there are jobs available and that the salaries are sufficient for us. Is anyone here a teacher in Baltimore and can help me with this information?

I'm trying to find out about secular studies elementary school teachers positions (either boys or girls) and Rebbe or secular studies boys elementary or high school positions.
If you don't want to say your salary that's fine, even if you can help me with ball park amounts I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

amother
White

Post Mon, Jul 27 2015, 11:38 pm
I live in Baltimore. I was offered a lead teacher position in one of the schools (not ti or Ta). For full time, 8:30-4, the pay was $21,000. No benifits. I initially accepted but my husband lost his job at ti so I had to look for something that paid more. His ti job was secular, second half of the day. Paid $20,000. He has a new secular job at a different yeshiva, same pay, aprox same hours. No insurance at all.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 12:24 am
Full time English teaching jobs in Frum schools aren't as easy to come by, since they generally want chol classes in the afternoon. For part time it's gonna be in the low 20,000. IIRC Rebbe are paid between 50 and 60. They may have partial insurance benefits.

In terms of availability, I know that English teachers are wanted, but again the position is for the afternoons mostly.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 2:13 pm
Thanks for the responses. What do teachers that work part time do in the mornings for extra income?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating