Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Hukabee's statement on Iran Deal
Previous  1  2

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 1:29 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Correct, and now a generation later, people in America (or anywhere) that weren't personally affected, really don't believe that this kind of evil can exist now. This could never affect their personal paradise. To them it's like you telling me about people starving in clay huts in some African village. I can sympathize. Send a donation if I'm that type. But I really can't relate to their situation. I'm not about to change my lifestyle in order to help them. Their tragic lives are just a newspaper article to me. That's how the Holocaust is to those unaffected Americans. It's a story about foreigners who lived before there were computers and cell phones. That kind of evil doesn't exist in the 21st century- Right?

That's a very broad generalization esp. when in the US the Holocaust is taught in depth in most all public schools (and a great number of RCC schools, as well as Muslim schools, Episcopal schools and other secular private schools). In most instances this instruction includes presentations by survivors. In districts with integrated curriculums it is an intense study that covered in , history,politics and literature classes.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 1:40 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
That's a very broad generalization esp. when in the US the Holocaust is taught in depth in most all public schools (and a great number of RCC schools, as well as Muslim schools, Episcopal schools and other secular private schools). In most instances this instruction includes presentations by survivors. In districts with integrated curriculums it is an intense study that covered in , history,politics and literature classes.
I'm not saying that people don't believe that the Holocaust existed but I think they don't believe something of such enormous evil can happen today in their world.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 2:11 pm
Huckabee : Why I Attacked Obama

Quote:
In an exclusive interview with Arutz Sheva, Huckabee spoke about his recent comments criticizing US President Barack Obama for the Iran nuclear deal, in which he invoked the Holocaust and which has received a backlash from Jewish Democrats, Obama, Republican candidate Jeb Bush, and Israeli ambassador to the US Ron Dermer.

Speaking of the deal, Huckabee said that by trusting Iran in a deal that has the regime inspect its own covert nuclear facilities, Obama decided to "take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven."

"I have no regrets whatsoever about what I said," Huckabee told Arutz Sheva regarding his statement.

He explained that "the Iranians have for 36 years threatened to wipe Israel off the face of the map, ...they have invoked the term Holocaust to describe what they want to do to the Jews, ...it is the Iranians who have said that they look forward to the day when they can kill all of the Jews, and they even said they're glad that they're all bundled up in Israel because this way they won't have to go all over the world and hunt them down."

These "horrible, hideous threats" must not be overlooked, said Huckabee, reminding that the last time the world didn't take such threats seriously six million Jews were murdered in the Holocaust.

"I have stood at the door of the ovens in Auschwitz three times, and every time I stand there I am reminded that this happened because there were people across the world who looked the other way and refused to believe that such a thing was even possible."

He noted that Yad Vashem Holocaust museum and other memorials around the globe exist to remind the world of the threat, and to enforce the statement "never again."

Huckabee emphasized, "I apologize for nothing and to no one."

Having read the entire 159-page Iran nuclear deal, he appraised: "it's a bad deal."

While Obama has constantly defended the deal by claiming the only other option is war, Huckabee debunked this claim, calling to instead "bankrupt the Iranians and their evil regime - they sponsor terrorism."

He called to take the energy market away from Iran by exporting energy, cutting off their supply lines and collapsing the Iranian economy, instead of the deal which gives them "$120 billion to buy conventional weapons and to accelerate to end up building a nuclear weapon."

Pollard: Obama's appeasement attempt?

Asked about his chances of winning the elections and becoming president, Huckabee said, "people want a president who has moral clarity about issues," be they economic in nature or relating to security and world peace. He promised to take all threats seriously.

He then turned his attention to Jonathan Pollard, who has been in jail for 30 years - half of his life - on charges of spying for Israel, and who according to recent reports may be released in November.

Huckabee said he is "delighted" by the news, but added he hopes "that this is not sort of a bald attempt for this president to try to appease and win friends among the Israelis, believing that if he lets Jonathan Pollard go then the Israelis are bound and determined that they have to support the Iranian deal."

Pollard has more than served his time and is in frail health, said Huckabee, concluding: "there's no purpose being served by continuing to have him incarcerated and I'm delighted he'll be finally freed and be able to go to Israel."

However, senior Israeli diplomats indicated on Monday that if Pollard is indeed released, he won't be allowed to come to Israel by Obama's administration for fear he will receive a hero's welcome.

Pollard has been jailed for passing intelligence to Israel about regional security threats to the Jewish state. He was handed a life-sentence, unlike spies from other allied or even enemy nations that got off with a tiny fraction of his sentence.

In a previous parole hearing held in July 2014 his release was rejected on the basis of a now declassified document, that critics say revealed the largely trumped up charges against Pollard.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 3:22 pm
Kol HaKavod to him for speaking plainly.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 3:27 pm
DrMom wrote:
Kol HaKavod to him for speaking plainly.
He'll never become US president but I like him. Actually, I don't know how he speaks to other groups about their issues. Maybe he talks nice to everyone and everyone will vote for him. Too much politics here to start following US politics.

morah

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 3:33 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

Rolling Laughter
Holocaust education is woefully inadequate, both in public schools and yeshivahs. We can barely get our own yeshiva students to comprehend the enormity of the horror, and what it means for us as a people today. And these are kids who still have living relatives who were there. Public school students? Forget it. It's another boring history lesson. Not two years ago, I walked in on a graduate school classmate of mine- who went to Bronx Science, so no dummy- talking to another classmate and saying (not knowing I had just walked into the room) that it's been long enough, why are Jews still complaining about the Holocaust. It happened, it was terrible, but everything's great now. This guy read Anne Frank and Night and visited the museum in Washington and once or twice heard a speech from a survivor. For all the good that did. So yeah, these programs don't do much, kids still think it's something bad old people did a long time ago and we've all evolved from that, so no worries, it's just dusty old history.

bluebird

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 3:42 pm
bluebird wrote:
He killed millions more that weren't "pure", too, including the Roma, the physically and mentally disabled, specific xtian groups, etc. Let's not forget how far this evil can go, and how many are affected once it takes root.

I think I want to expand on this more. This understanding of the Holocaust should be a real wake-up call for the rest of the world. Let's say Iran takes out Israel. Are they going to stop there? No. Iran already funds Shiite terrorists against Sunnis. They persecute the Baha'I in their own country. They will be emboldened to go after more of the Western world overtly as well.

Our hope is really that the more-liberal generation of young Iranians force change in their country's government and popular attitudes. It will probably take more than one generation.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics