Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
EI provider ettiquette

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 7:22 pm
I'm an EI provider and I was working weekly with a family with their medically fragile-yet stable child for over a year, and he passed away suddenly this week. The family is not Jewish. I have texted the family my condolences. Is there anything else I should do?

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 7:32 pm
amother wrote:
I'm an EI provider and I was working weekly with a family with their medically fragile-yet stable child for over a year, and he passed away suddenly this week. The family is not Jewish. I have texted the family my condolences. Is there anything else I should do?

A real card telling them how special their boy was. Not just the words that come with the card, add your own.

I suddenly lost a parent many years ago. I cannot tell you who came to the funeral or the shiva. But I can pull out all the condolence cards and remember them and see who cared for my family and me.

zaq

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 8:14 pm
Say something specific, why this child was special to you, maybe relate an anecdote about something he did that was sweet or cute or that you admired.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 8:27 pm
I agree with zaq as a condolence letter or card with a a few lines relating your special memories of the child would be super appreciated. If you want to go above and beyond, perhaps there is a charity you can direct a donation that would be meaningful to the parents.

I think memories that other people have are especially meaningful even in the future as it reminds that the person had impact in the world.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette