Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Buying new washer

happyfaces

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 10:24 pm
Looking into new washers. There so many so confussing. Can someone please help out. Looking for a good one that cleans well and that latest long. Do you have one your happy with? Which one to stay away from? Thanks n advance!

Fave

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 11:45 pm
happyfaces wrote:
Looking into new washers. There so many so confussing. Can someone please help out. Looking for a good one that cleans well and that latest long. Do you have one your happy with? Which one to stay away from? Thanks n advance!

I'll be following this thread - my washer is on his (hers?) last breath.

I'd also like to know the pros/cons on front loaders vs. top loaders.

Thanks

happyfaces

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 7:38 pm
Noone has a good washer? Please respond!

working hard

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 8:18 pm
I am very happy with the GE front loader

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 8:49 pm
I just purchased a Whirlpool Duet stackable front loader and am really happy with it.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 8:52 pm
LG front loader!

happyfaces

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 8:54 pm
How long to you have your washer for? Washes well? Did you have any mold problems? Tnx for your reply

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 9:33 pm
happyfaces wrote:
How long to you have your washer for? Washes well? Did you have any mold problems? Tnx for your reply
About 2 years. Washes well, much better than previous machine. No mold but you do have to maintain it with tub washes and keeping the door open.

seeker

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 9:49 pm
I don't have one personally but I hear this is amazing and more durable/long lasting than any others. The price looks high on this link but shop around because I heard a much better price. Try S&W. http://www.electroluxappliance.....60LT/

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 10:04 pm
I have had an Electrolux front loader for 4 years now and BA"H the only issue we ever had was when a toothpick ended up in one of the holes and started rattling. My husband was able to take apart the machine and put it back together after watching a Youtube tutorial. We do lots of laundry (family of 8, cloth diapering, etc). We don't have mold issues, but I do from time to time wipe out the rubber gasket on the door. Not a big deal at all. We got it so we could reverse the door as many machines don't have that option; we never ended up taking advantage of that feature though!

I like the front loader since I'm short and can't reach down well. It also helped since I got it when I was in my last trimester with kid #5, so I really had less ability to reach the bottom of top loaders!

My model has a fast wash that is actually fast (18 minutes) as opposed to the Duets which underestimated any fast wash I've tried. The Duets also have a longer holding period for the start button and too many times I thought I started the machine and didn't end up actually doing so. A regular load on this can take between 35 minutes to an hour, depending on how much spinning, pre-rinsing, soaking, etc you want to do.

m+m

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 10:59 pm
I have a whirlpool duet machine. It's a front loader.

I Love it!!

Cleans fantastic
it's quiet
Machine measures the detergent so I only fill it once a week or so (only available on top model- worth the money!)
I run a cycle once a month with a special tablet which cleans the machine.
I leave the washer door open to prevent mold. There's a fan option on the machine that turns on to dry the water.

I spent more than I wanted to, I think about $1200, however I think it is well worth it. I do a lot of Landry and really appreciate a good machine.

happyfaces

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 11:35 pm
Thanks to all! As for the ppl that have the Electrolux I learned there are two one with a hand washing option. Which one do you have? did you have any problems with the computer system?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 9:20 am
I have this one http://www.nycappliance.com/EL.....NBRPO (I paid less, and I don't have a pedestal)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry