Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do uniform prices vary?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 11:47 am
amother wrote:
BETTYZ is Fraylich. If it has a lot of fabric inside then it was adjusted. Takenit to any dressmaker. HENRY on 13 and 43.
Tamara on 13 and 44

Rats, do you reckon that means it can't go any smaller without looking ridiculous? Sigh. I guess I will go to one of those dressmakers (thanks!!! Finally a name and address! Do I need to call first or are these storefront types?) ask their opinion and if they say no go then I will continue on to the nearest store. (13th? Peretz? I'm not from Brooklyn, having imamothers do my scouting for me...)

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 11:47 am
cnc wrote:
Gold Label is 10$ more a jumper on my uniform.
Lands end came out almost 30 percent cheaper than Fraylich with my skirt when using the coupon. ( was basically the same price ro begin with...)
But I didn't like the skirt so I didn't get it in the end.

Are Land's End jumpers and skirts long enough?

Gold Laibel (yes, they spell it with an "I" in middle,not sure why. I guess it's a play on words of the owner's name?) sells those jumpers that can be lifted. The jumper prices range from $37-44, IIRC.

I managed with two jumpers and three shirts.

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 11:53 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Are Land's End jumpers and skirts long enough?

Gold Laibel (yes, they spell it with an "I" in middle,not sure why. I guess it's a play on words of the owner's name?) sells those jumpers that can be lifted. The jumper prices range from $37-44, IIRC.

I managed with two jumpers and three shirts.

Yes the Land's End were long enough. You need to get the under the knee length. I didn't like the material...was shiny.
I paid $35 for my jumper and my neighbors paid $45 in Gold Label. They like the style better. Their reasoning was that it'll be used for at least 2 years so what's an extra $10 a jumper for 2 years worth of use...

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 11:55 am
I shd add that my uniform jumper is probably the cheapest one...I think the other schools are a few dollars more. So there may not be such a big difference between Gold Label and the other stores..

questioner

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 12:11 pm
I don't know specific prices, but maybe you can broaden your horizons if you are ever in Lakewood? I see that a lot of Lakewood schools have the same uniform as a different school in Bklyn - Bnos Melech has the same as BYA, Beis Rivka Rochel has the same as BY 18th Ave, Beis Tova has the same as BYBP, Beis Faiga I think has YOB, BY HS has the same as BYDM.
I never compared prices but maybe some stores are a little cheaper there or you may have a contact with uniforms that they can pass down to you.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 12:21 pm
Marks and spencer have really good uniform prices and I know they ship to the USA now. They usually have a great selection of button down shirts and blouses in solid colours. (white, cream, pale blue etc)

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 12:29 pm
Try cookies kids.com, they sometimes have uniform for very cheap.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 12:43 pm
I don't know what type of jumper you're looking for but it would be worthwhile to stop in at penina rosenberg on 13th and 40th and at eden kids on 13th and 44th as when they have the unform pieces that you need they are very very well priced.
(for example penina has great pleated navy uniform skirts for $15 instead of $30 and eden sometimes carries certain uniform shirts that can be around half price as well.)
Good luck.

zigi

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 2:13 pm
old navy used to have girls button down uniform shirts. I liked lands end better than the frum brand uniform shirts- for blue oxfords. my dd's eneglic uniform shirts lasted for 2 years. bh she is able to wear French toast brand with a peter pan collar. 7.99 a shirt. I bought her undershirts from the childrens place on sale

amother
White

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 2:34 pm
questioner wrote:
I don't know specific prices, but maybe you can broaden your horizons if you are ever in Lakewood? I see that a lot of Lakewood schools have the same uniform as a different school in Bklyn - Bnos Melech has the same as BYA, Beis Rivka Rochel has the same as BY 18th Ave, Beis Tova has the same as BYBP, Beis Faiga I think has YOB, BY HS has the same as BYDM.
I never compared prices but maybe some stores are a little cheaper there or you may have a contact with uniforms that they can pass down to you.

this is the old 18th ave or the new one?

questioner

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 2:44 pm
amother wrote:
this is the old 18th ave or the new one?

it's a bright blue plaid. When did it change? To what?

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 3:55 pm
The issue with Lakewood is that it's farther away, and I can't imagine there's a significant price difference, but did anyone here have a teeny tiny kid in Bais Rivkah Rochel who doesn't need her jumpers anymore?!

girlzrus

Post Tue, Jul 28 2015, 7:57 pm
amother wrote:
Land's End seems to be about $25 per shirt full price, so if you have a 30% code and free shipping (which is easy, that's like 3 shirts) it's $17.50 each plus tax. Definitely not Children's Place...

I HIGHLY doubt that anyplace else would have these uniforms (jumpers) and in fact I'm surprised these stores are still carrying them when this is the only school in the universe as far as I know that requires this particular plaid, and it's not a large school either.

What and where is ABC discount? At $10 a shirt I could probably deal with lower quality! The shirt we need is a pretty common one but I'm not sure where we'll be in the future (no immediate plans but looking to move) so I don't know for sure I'll need them to last. And the kid will grow eventually IY"H.

Interesting note about each brand being a different style. The ONE we have that looks like it will just fit perfectly right off the hanger is an old one from French Toast (I don't think they make them anymore) and the lapels are a different design. The plaid also looks like a tiny shade darker. But I got it from the school's gemach so I guess it's officially approved. I'm a little worried that it will look funny but so far it is the only teeny-tiny specific-plaid jumper-only uniform I have seen anywhere!

Maybe if I water her more she will grow Wink

ABC discount is located on the corner of 15th avenue and 42nd street. I also liked their fit much better for the younger kids than the one from the "official" uniform stores.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 12:41 am
amother wrote:
Land's End seems to be about $25 per shirt full price, so if you have a 30% code and free shipping (which is easy, that's like 3 shirts) it's $17.50 each plus tax. Definitely not Children's Place...

I HIGHLY doubt that anyplace else would have these uniforms (jumpers) and in fact I'm surprised these stores are still carrying them when this is the only school in the universe as far as I know that requires this particular plaid, and it's not a large school either.

What and where is ABC discount? At $10 a shirt I could probably deal with lower quality! The shirt we need is a pretty common one but I'm not sure where we'll be in the future (no immediate plans but looking to move) so I don't know for sure I'll need them to last. And the kid will grow eventually IY"H.

Interesting note about each brand being a different style. The ONE we have that looks like it will just fit perfectly right off the hanger is an old one from French Toast (I don't think they make them anymore) and the lapels are a different design. The plaid also looks like a tiny shade darker. But I got it from the school's gemach so I guess it's officially approved. I'm a little worried that it will look funny but so far it is the only teeny-tiny specific-plaid jumper-only uniform I have seen anywhere!

Maybe if I water her more she will grow Wink
Are any of these the plaid that you are looking for?
http://www.frenchtoast.com/pro.....bAG2w

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 12:52 am
amother wrote:
Are any of these the plaid that you are looking for?
http://www.frenchtoast.com/pro.....bAG2w

Nope. But thanks.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 3:00 pm
questioner wrote:
it's a bright blue plaid. When did it change? To what?

it changed to a purple/gray thing, it matches to another school in lakewood now.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 7:47 pm
OP, I passed by Wiesner's today, so out of curiosity, remembering this thread, I went in and inquired about the uniforms. The jumpers are very well priced, at only $28, and the shirts are $9 for the French Toast and $15 for another brand. However, the proprietor informed me that he has very limited stock of the plaids since he cannot get those fabrics anymore, and will soon only stock plain navy jumpers. I went upstairs to check, and I don't think I will have a problem finding my daughter's size in her uniform. I'm not sure what uniform your daughter has, so can't tell you the availability. I'd suggest you go asap before they sell out. I noticed that the styles he had were also the type that can be lifted, and had buttons on the shoulders. I forgot to check what he had in tiny sizes for you (not that it would necessarily help, since I don't know the plaid you're looking for). I'd be happy to go back for you tomorrow just to check if anything would be appropriate for you if you pm me exactly what you're looking for so you don't waste your time shlepping in this week if it's not a convenient time for you. Or you can call them. According to Google, the phone number is 7184385934.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 9:32 pm
Thank you, Amelia! That was helpful. I will try calling them.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 9:57 pm
Does anyone know the Bais Yaakov Elementary (Monsey) school uniform? I would assume there are other schools with the same one. It is gray plaid with blueDo you know which ones whether in Lakewood or Brooklyn? I would love to get a hand-me-down for my small daughter.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:07 pm
OP, would you post here which school you need the uniform to and maybe someone has it and is willing to give it away?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics