Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How to get an Israeli phone number before arrival?!

4Sisters

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 3:34 am
Hi Smile. b''eh, making aliyah in two weeks!!!! NBN (and our parents!) would like a cell number for us there and I'm not sure how to go about getting one while still in America. I did buy unlocked cell phones on Amazon.

Has anyone used this site?
https://www.prepaidisraelisim.com/sim-cards
Or any other things to recommend?

Our local Jewish book shop only has Israeli sim cards to rent.

hila

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 4:39 am
I think if you go to Golantelecom.co.il you can order a simcard to be sent to you. Probably better to send to an Israeli address.
And get yourselves a 99sh /month package - which gives you unlimited calls, sms to the US, and Israel and lots of other countries. Plus 20Gig data - that means you have WAZE, Whatsapp etc too.

The Golan site is in Englis and fairly easy to follow. If you want - send it to me and I can open it and tell you the number if they wont. As far as I remember you get the number when you order.

Or you can get one when you get here - but then you wont have a number before you go.

I would avoid a tourist trap card.

ahuva06

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 4:45 am
I am not sure how to do it before you get here but I use Hot and I am very happy with their service + it's soo cheap! I pay $10 a month for unlimited minutes to Israel AND america, plus a few GB of data. My husband's phone is Golan and he has pretty bad service and its more expensive.

water_bear88

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 6:15 am
I dunno, I think Golan is decent service for the price. Hot has lousy customer service and they're very difficult to get away from if you want to switch providers. I would say to start with Golan and if you're unhappy, you can always ask around once you're here and switch to what neighbors or coworkers are on.

fluffernutter

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 8:10 am
I went through http://www.cellularisrael.com/ and got a Golan phone with them and then had it when I got there.

4Sisters

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 8:38 am
Thanks for replying. I just finished emailing with Golan and they seemed very nice Wink, but said that they don't send SIM cards outside of Israel.

Any other ideas or do we just have to wait til we get there?!

Thanks!

water_bear88

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 9:36 am
I have family members who've used Rami Levi or 012 Smile- both similarly priced to Golan. The one who's on 012 switched within the last year, so I don't know how hard it is to get out of.

As far as I know, Rami Levi is straightforward.

012 Smile is a daughter company of Orange, cheaper but should get the same reception/network coverage. Contact info: http://www1.012.net/012Smile/P.....ort=1

June

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 9:36 am
4Sisters wrote:
Thanks for replying. I just finished emailing with Golan and they seemed very nice Wink, but said that they don't send SIM cards outside of Israel.

Any other ideas or do we just have to wait til we get there?!

Thanks!

Do you have an address where they can send it in Israel? That way, you'll know the number before you leave, but you'll only get the SIM once you get to your new home.

We're very happy with Golan's service.

Hatzlacha with this momentous move!!

fluffernutter

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 9:47 am
When we made aliyah with a group flight, in the airport, they were offering to give a sim card with 200 minutes if you had a phone that they could put it in. I didn't which was annoying but that could be an option. Once Golan sends you the phone, you should be able to get the number so you have it before you go. I gave NBN a friend's number until we got ours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions