Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Car seat for traveling (airplane, cabs)?

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 2:33 pm
we are going on vacation with our 1 year old (approx 20 lb). We are flying to our destination and then will be taking cabs. We prefer not to take our car seat because it's bulky etc. Is there such a thing as a lightweight portable car seat? What did you do in such situations?

4eyes

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 5:45 pm
How tall is the child? If still shorter and depending on the infant seat you have you can still use the snap n go with an infant seat which is by far easiest and most convenient option for travel imho.
What country are you in?I believe that in the US there is a seat that has hidden pop up wheels that recently came out/will be released soon, called the Doona. Never used it or seen it in person but sounds amazing.
http://mbeans.com/spillingtheb.....ller/

abaker

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 8:23 pm
I take my infant car seat and stroller and gate check them. Or you can wear baby in a carrier and then borrow a car seat at your destination if your going somewhere you know people that can lend a car seat.

If your baby still in the infant car seat or a toddler one?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 8:49 pm
I've seen the go go babyz travelmate and it looks pretty cool. It's basically wheels and handle for the car seat and you can pull the baby around the airport.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 9:11 pm
Baby is still in infant seat but hates it and can probably switch to the next stage (weighs 22 lbs).
We are checking in our stroller so we'll be using that in the airport. The car seat, with the base and all, is very cumbersome. We will have to put it into the cab on the way to the airport, take it out and shlep it with all our luggage till we check in, then install it in the cab once we arrive at our destination, and take it out once again when we reach our hotel. Since we are not renting a car but will be taking a cab approx once a day, we will have to lug the car seat with us each time... Get what I'm saying?
Is there any lightweight and easily portable option out there?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:22 pm
http://www.amazon.com/Go-Go-Ba.....lmate

http://www.amazon.com/Travelin.....lmate

smss

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:25 pm
Cosco Scenera or Combi Coccoro

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:35 pm
Smss, thank you!!! Looks like the perfect solution! Do you have either of the two?

smss

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 10:44 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Smss, thank you!!! Looks like the perfect solution! Do you have either of the two?

I have the Combi. It's great. You can carry it down the aisle of a plane without hitting people right and left as you go like my Britax did. embarrassed Very comfortable. Very easy to install. Use the Traveling Toddler strap ra_mom posted to get it through the airport.

The Cosco is a LOT cheaper, and I think lots of people like it, but I've heard it can be difficult to install? No personal experience though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics