Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
I want to donate money

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 12:09 pm
I want to send a check to an organization that helps place children in Jewish schools.
Can somebody send me a link to such an organization?

A few things...
I don't want to send a check to an individual, just to an organization or program.
I prefer to give to an organization that doesn't have a huge overhead* so most of the money will actually go to the Torah education of children.

*Please don't bash or debate about organizations that have massive PR. That's not the point of this thread but I prefer not to give to such an organization for this pledge.

saw50st8

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 12:11 pm
http://www.ajeproject.org/

(I don't know anything about their overhead)

Dalia

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 12:54 pm
Nechomas Yisroel
1338 41st St, Brooklyn, NY 11218
(718) 871-7197

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 1:26 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
http://www.ajeproject.org/

(I don't know anything about their overhead)

Thanks. Never heard of these guys before.
I will show this website to DH.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jul 31 2015, 2:08 am
BUMP
if anybody has other ideas we still haven't decided what we're doing.

out-of-towner

Post Fri, Jul 31 2015, 2:12 am
Honestly? I would probably give a check to a local school which you support and specify that it is for the principal's disgressionary use. I'm sure that the principal knows families who cannot pay even the reduced amount of tuition and would appreciate help.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jul 31 2015, 2:57 am
out-of-towner wrote:
Honestly? I would probably give a check to a local school which you support and specify that it is for the principal's disgressionary use. I'm sure that the principal knows families who cannot pay even the reduced amount of tuition and would appreciate help.

Sad The local school removed my child from their school... My child ended up in p.s.
I want to donate as a zchut for my child.

newmother

Post Fri, Jul 31 2015, 8:31 am
rfried wrote:
Nechomas Yisroel
1338 41st St, Brooklyn, NY 11218
(718) 871-7197

I second this. It's a great organization that helps pay tuition for kids to go to yeshiva instead of public school.

wifeandmore

Post Fri, Jul 31 2015, 8:50 am
There was a fund set up for this purpose by the sasoon family

studying_torah

Post Fri, Jul 31 2015, 10:42 am
Sorry that happened to you , op! The money should be a zechus and you should see loads of Yiddish nachas from your child!

brocha1

Post Fri, Jul 31 2015, 11:27 am
Big hugs I hope you're son is getting what he needs im sorry u have to go through that .if u would like to help pay towards school fees pm me we moved from England for my son who has learning difficulties .it waz a choice in England a class of 40 or 4 kids in class ccosting 20.000 pounds a year on school fees so we moved to Israel bh my son is very happy but next year his school fees go up to 2500 shekels a month including travel to get the help he needs I would like to wish u only brochos and lots of nachas from your children if u would like more info please pm me thank you

smile613

Post Fri, Jul 31 2015, 11:51 am
My kids go to a school in Orlando called Orlando Torah Academy. They accept all jewish kids regardless of what they can pay and the administrators struggle themselves in order to provide an excellent education to kids who would otherwise be in public school. They have made a tremendous difference in the lives of so many of the families that attend their school. Feel free to PM me for more info.

shoshanim999

Post Fri, Jul 31 2015, 12:32 pm
I think its wonderful that you wany to donate money to help people. One quick thought- You say you don't want to donate to an organization that has a large overhead. You also say you don't want to send a check to an individual, only an organization. Well the advantage of donating money to an individual is that there is no overhead. With an organization, its hard to tell what the overhead is. Either way tizku limitzvos!

Optione

Post Fri, Jul 31 2015, 6:54 pm
Politz Hebrew Academy in Philadelphia, PA. Sounds just like Orlando T.A.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 12:50 am
Oorah

I see firsthand with my own eyes they really do a lot of good

amother
White

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 4:30 am
amother wrote:
Sad The local school removed my child from their school... My child ended up in p.s.
I want to donate as a zchut for my child.

Can you just give the money to the local school and get your child back in?

penguin

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 6:30 pm
There is someone in Lakewood named R' Binyomin Strauss who sees boys from all over and helps them find the most appropriate placement. If you want to PM me I can give you his contact info.

He has a counterpart who works with girls as well.

This is more for junior high, high school and bais medrash, I think, than younger grades, so I don't know if it fits your bill. I am sure he has some kind of organization, but perhaps it's too much like an individual.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 12:41 pm
wifeandmore wrote:
There was a fund set up for this purpose by the sasoon family

Do you have a link to that fund?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics