Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Givat Shmuel

Racheli

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 4:31 pm
What can anyone tell me about living in Givat Shmuel? We are a Modern Orthodox family with 4 children. All information about any aspect of living there is welcome!

Racheli

Post Sun, Aug 09 2015, 4:23 pm
OP here. No one knows anything about Givat Shmuel? Does that mean that it's not a city where olim live (in general)? What's the reputation? I would really like to hear anything anyone knows about it.

etky

Post Sun, Aug 09 2015, 10:07 pm
Don't take the lack of responses here as an indication that there are no olim or English speakers in Givat Shmuel. I do think though that it doesn't draw the same numbers of new olim as other communities, for a variety of reasons, and might therefore lack that 'flavor' that other communities that attract more Anglos may have.
As far as its reputation - AFAIK it has a very solid, very middle class, middle of the road DL community consisting mainly of professionals and academics. It is considered a very desirable place to live due to its convenient location and socio-economic composition and housing prices are in accordance.

Tablepoetry

Post Mon, Aug 10 2015, 2:04 am
I don't know much about it. Spent one shabbat there several years back. Was very impressed with the central park there. It's a huge expanse of green in the middle of all the buildings, and it was lovely seeing all the families gathered there on shabbat.
They also have a nice little neighbourhood mall.

As etky said, mainstream DL, well-educated, career-oriented, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions