Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Dying a sheitel many times, does the color stick?

LovetoLive

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 9:34 pm
I have a sheitel that is not such great quality. I bought it as my everyday wear and tear sheitel. I dyed it once about 6 months after I bought it because the color faded right away. after another 9-10 months it was getting lighter so I brought it in to be dyed again. the lady first dyed it way way too dark, then when removing the darkness it turned orangeish, and when I refused to take home a sheitel that was orange and I would never wear like that she agreed to dye it again. the third time it came out semi-decent and I took it home. I was scared to let her try again.

I am really unhappy with the color. its too dark mixed with streaks of orange/brown.

she claims that the color wasnt dyed accurately because the dye doesnt stick well to poor quality sheitels. she kept saying that its the fault of the sheitel, not her.
she is an expereinced sheitel macher, who previously dyed the same exact sheitel perfectly.

I dont know what went so wrong this time.

is it really true that poor quality hair doesnt dye well? I have dyed other cheap sheitels that were older than this one, and they dyed just fine.
if I want to take it to someone else to dye again properly, will I have the same problem again?
should I just throw out this sheitel and buy another? Crying Crying Crying

penguin

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 9:51 pm
I'm not sure about your specific case, but my sheitel macher told me I can dye a sheitel a certain number of times, and after that it's basically straw and Purim box material. IOW, there is a limit to how many times you can dye any sheitel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels