Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Seeking professional organizer in Brooklyn
1  2  Next

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 7:58 pm
Recommendations? What are approximate rates, and how long would it take to organize a three bedroom apartment? Do you think it can be done for about $300, not including supplies?
I guess it depends on how disorganized I am, but I'm actually moving so hopefully I'll already be somewhat organized, but would like someone to help me set up my new apartment so that it could stay that way.
Please include contact info.

buzz

Post Sat, Jul 11 2015, 11:17 am
My sister in law lives in Monsey and does a really good job of it !

Pm me if you want more details

Shmaichel

Post Sat, Jul 11 2015, 10:58 pm
Chani Miller is very reasonable. I just saw her advertising (718) 666-0058.
Didn't use her personally but know she is a really nice person.
Good luck!

neverbored

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 1:18 am
I'm not the OP, but have been curious about this for a while. How much does something like the OP is asking cost? Do they work by the hour or by job? How much time do you have to allow for an average job? What do they or don't they actually do? Anybody know?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 1:42 am
Shmaichel wrote:
Chani Miller is very reasonable. I just saw her advertising (718) 666-0058.
Didn't use her personally but know she is a really nice person.
Good luck!

Thanks. Is anyone here familiar with her work?

seeker

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 2:02 am
neverbored wrote:
I'm not the OP, but have been curious about this for a while. How much does something like the OP is asking cost? Do they work by the hour or by job? How much time do you have to allow for an average job? What do they or don't they actually do? Anybody know?

Everything I know about professional organizing I learned from this adorable series in Binah earlier this year. It seems like they work by the hour. I don't think there's such a thing as an "average job" because every situation is totally different. You could hire them for a room or a house or anything between, and you could be anywhere from needing help to total packrat disaster. The series did a "makeover" on an entire but smallish house (IIRC, 3 bedrooms, a dining room, a playroom, one bathroom, and kitchen.) I think it took about 10-12 installments in total. First she came in to assess the needs and make a basic outline plan. Then they did about one week per room (with other areas addressed as well, such as entryway and laundry closet, and some rooms that were especially involved taking more than one week, like maybe the kitchen.) The organizer helped the lady figure out what she needed to get done in each area, provided tips and strategies for each situation, and helped with the actual process though much was done by the lady in between sessions based on what they'd decided/learned. It was very interesting and left me really wanting one! Yet at the same time I felt slightly hopeless because it didn't seem like most of the stuff that was done there would work for me. So I guess that's the organizer's role, figuring out different types of solutions that would work with your space and lifestyle.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 8:05 am
Does anyone have specific recommendations/ experiences in Brooklyn?

ckk

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 9:03 am
Another shout out for Chani miller. Havnt seen her work but she's a really honest person.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 9:05 am
Esty Daskal is excellent! She is from Williamsburg .
I think this is about standard fee for the industry:
$300 fee for consultation and $50 per hour! plus supplies.
It is worth every penny. She can help you on moving day, or after you unpack.
Go for it.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 9:06 am
Esty Daskal 917 2432776

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 6:48 am
amother wrote:
Esty Daskal is excellent! She is from Williamsburg .
I think this is about standard fee for the industry:
$300 fee for consultation and $50 per hour! plus supplies.
It is worth every penny. She can help you on moving day, or after you unpack.
Go for it.

thanks for the recommendation, what's included in the $300, that sounds like a lot of money before she even begins any work! $50 an hour seems more reasonable, is it $50 any time you want her to come after the first $300, does she include any supplies? Thanks

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 12:44 pm
Bump

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 11:49 pm
I've seen Minky Glass' name come up a lot, does anyone have any experience with her helping you organize? Also, does anyone know how much she charges?

Shmaichel

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 5:37 am
ckk wrote:
Another shout out for Chani miller. Havnt seen her work but she's a really honest person.

And I saw her advertising free consultation if that helps😉

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 2:16 pm
Where does she advertise? Can someone post a pic of her ad? Don't recall seeing it. I see someone Mrs. K advertising weekly.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 11:23 pm
Chani Miller sounds like she's exactly what I'm looking for, but I'd love to see her advertisement before I call. Does anyone know if she works in the summer?

amother
Coral

Post Fri, Jul 31 2015, 10:21 am
Bump

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jul 31 2015, 11:08 am
Mrs. K. is an excellent organizer, is very patient and has great references. 347.385.9719.

syrima

Post Fri, Jul 31 2015, 11:39 am
amother wrote:
I've seen Minky Glass' name come up a lot, does anyone have any experience with her helping you organize? Also, does anyone know how much she charges?

I think it depends on the nature of the job. I was planning on using her once then I ended up not needing it. She is really nice, I would just call her and describe what you want and ask her the price. Her cell is 917-853-1549

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Aug 01 2015, 11:54 pm
Seeking more feedback on Chani Miller and Mrs. K. I'm afraid Minky Glass will be too expensive.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics