Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby is squinting

Beyla

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 9:45 am
Hi! My 6 months old is squinting a lot those days. At the beginning I didn't realize and then my husband told me he noticed it, and now I can see it and it's more and more often.
Of course I will go to the pediatrician and ophthalmologist very soon but I just want to hear your experience and thoughts!
I'm a bit worried. Thanks!

solo

Post Sun, Jun 14 2015, 10:13 am
Ds starting squinting at right about the same age. I was worried bout his vision earlier cuz of the way he'd tilt his head to look at things, or startle when a new stimulus entered his field of vision. Ped said it's too soon to test before 9 mo. At 9 mo he failed his vision screening and was found to have a stigmatism. He's too young for glasses obv. But will probably need to wear them when he gets older. Bh it does not affect his vision in a major way and can be treated with glasses/ lenses when the time comes

Beyla

Post Sat, Aug 01 2015, 7:59 pm
Thanks for your answer solo.
The pediatrician sent me to the ophthalmologist I will see him soon iyh!

animeme

Post Sat, Aug 01 2015, 10:27 pm
I agree with seeing the doctor. I would also try to put a hat with a brim on dc (baseball cap style) to see if shielding the eyes from some brightness helps at all.

chani8

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 1:33 am
Babies can need glasses, too.

bnm

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 1:51 am
Just took my 6 month old to the ophthalmologist to check. If they would have said he needs glasses I would have gotten it for him. My older child needed glasses and I felt we caught it a bit late and it contributed to his developmental delay.

busydev

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 9:34 am
I take my kids to the eye dr around their first birthday due to a family history of lazy eye.
So far both my boys dont have lazy eye, but I was told at those appointments that they have an astigmatism, but its not so bad, so they should get glasses at 3. (my older son has glasses and my younger son will have in another year or so)

If they had a worse astigmatism they would have gotten glasses then. There were babies with glasses at the Dr's office (we see a pediatric ophthalmologist). If an infant cant see its much harder to learn to do things. Babies def can get glasses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics