Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Need bday party ideas - 8 yo

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 12:45 pm
I want to make a birthday party for my 8 year old daughter but need ideas. Something that can be done in my house with approximately 30 girls. I don't need ideas for food, just projects, activities. Tia!!!

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 1:00 pm
make your own pizza

decorate cupcakes

art project - browse local art stores or online for idea. You can decorate a mug or other china object, or buy little wooden treasure boxes or money boxes to decorate. Make jewellery.

party games - pass the parcel, pin tail on donkey, pinata, and other similar games.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 1:45 pm
For my son's birthday party we did a variation on pin the tail on the donkey. We took a picture of him posing on a scooter and enlarged it to poster size. The children got to "pin the helmet on birthday boy".

I also did pass the present and decorated cupcakes for girls around that age.

When planning kids' parties I like to have an activity to do when the children arrive, one that's easy to pick up in the middle. I've done rainbow loom bracelets and scratch art for this.

Amother because the pin the tail on the donkey variation is unusual.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 4:44 pm
when I was about that age one year I had a birthday party where the main activity was making beaded necklaces/bracelets. My mother bought a huge bead kit and we sat around the table stringing necklaces, eating pizza and popcorn, etc... it was a really nice girls' party.

Bruria

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 8:56 pm
Face painting is usually a big hit! If you are talented, you can do it yourself!
woops editing because just realized it's for an 8 yo party, face painting is for younger kids Very Happy

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 9:58 pm
I made a party recently where the girls decorated flower pots using mod podge and then got to plant flowers. We did it in our backyard to minimize the mess inside and put out balls, jump ropes and bubbles for the girls to play with when they first came and while waiting for things to dry. It was a big hit.

Growing up I had a girl in my class who always had a similar activity at her birthday parties. Over the years we decorated t-shirts, sweatshirts, canvas sneakers, mugs, etc.

You can make jewelry boxes or bead jewelry.

Duct tape purses

Room decorations

Fancy headbands
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children