Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Are You Happy With The Way Front Loader Washes?

Mini Cookie

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 7:42 pm
Im curious to know if anyone finds that their front loader washing machine does not wash as well as a top loader? Although I use Tide and oxiclean and sometimes pre-treat with Shout some light color clothing have brown spots left after the wash...

Anyone else? Any suggestions?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 8:04 pm
Mini Cookie wrote:
Im curious to know if anyone finds that their front loader washing machine does not wash as well as a top loader? Although I use Tide and oxiclean and sometimes pre-treat with Shout some light color clothing have brown spots left after the wash...

I find that my LG front loader washes better than my previous machine.
My kids' clothes still like to eat a lot off their plates Exploding anger so I still need to pretreat, but the clothes definitely come out much cleaner now.

cnc

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 8:08 pm
I also find that my HE front loader cleans better than my top loader did... although my cycles take much longer on a front loader.

Miri7

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 9:35 pm
My last washer was a front loader. It was amazing!!!! It washed so well.

I now have a top loader and I hate the thing - it doesn't wash nearly as well as my front loaders did 😩😩😩😩😩

I will only buy front loaders from now on....

Iymnok

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 12:03 am
As long as it's not overstuffed, I find them much more efficient.

ldg

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 12:08 am
Mini Cookie wrote:

I was just wondering the same thing. I have lots of gray spots on the kids light tshirts and I have to throw them out. I only recently got a front loader. Wonder how to stop it.

Smile1234

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 4:13 am
With the right stain removers and detergent my front loader is great, but I dont have what to compare it to.

water_bear88

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 4:58 am
ldg wrote:
I was just wondering the same thing. I have lots of gray spots on the kids light tshirts and I have to throw them out. I only recently got a front loader. Wonder how to stop it.

Front loaders use less water, generally speaking. Any possibility they're detergent stains? Try using less detergent, or a different one, or putting the clothes through an extra rinse.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 6:13 am
Summer clothing are notorious for getting stained quickly, no matter what washer one has. I find my front loader to work fairly decently, but I don't expect all my kids' clothing to remain stain free forever.
We have brown stains from our electric dryer that came with the house, but not from the washer. Can your dryer be causing brown stains?

mazal555

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 7:59 am
I hate front loaders.

Try only filling it half way.

Mini Cookie

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 7:59 pm
Smile1234 wrote:
With the right stain removers and detergent my front loader is great, but I dont have what to compare it to.

What do you use?

HelloG

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 8:03 pm
I still like a good old fashioned agitator that rubs my clothes clean. Anyone with me?
What in a front loader is instead of the agitator?

June

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 10:43 pm
Smile1234 wrote:

Do you use HE detergent? If so, where do you find it in Israel?

4everonadiet

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 7:01 am
I love my LG front loader. The cycles are longer but nothing beats the sanitary cycle for the whites. You do have to be careful with stains, because a tough one will get set in the clothes if it wasn't pre treated.

happy12

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 10:03 am
Make sure there is no gunk around the rubber of the door. When that is dirty I get brown flakes on the shirts. I wipe it all around with a baby wipe every few loads and leave the door open between loads.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry