Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Dh starting new job

muss

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 4:01 pm
My dh is starting a new job after many months of searching. He's not so excited about this particular job but he knows to pay rent there's not really a choice. I would like to get him something to show him I'm happy for him starting and to wish him good luck. Any ideas?

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 4:05 pm
New shoes?

Wonderful news.

muss

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 6:41 pm
Thanks but I prefer something that I can get myself, something cute and connected with working

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 7:04 pm
Laminate a wallet size picture of the two of you with some loving words on the back telling him how much you believe in him.
Something he can pull out and look at throughout the day.

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 7:07 pm
A nice pen, or wallet?

A new cellphone case, one that fits into a belt? Credit card holder or cute keyring with a photo of the family on? A small photoframe with a family portrait for his desk (if he has one) or for the car?

I once bought dh a smart travelcard case for his train pass, which he loved and only cost a few dollars.

A briefcase is expensive, or at least a decent one is. You can get a cheap leather portfolio to keep loose papers or documents in, some are 100 dollars but they start at 20-30 and they can be extremely useful and look much smarter than a paper or plastic file.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 7:12 pm
New shirts? You might know his size and the kind he uses, and brand new shirts make a man feel strong.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics