Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Supper ideas

livinginflatbus

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 1:10 pm
Just wondering what working women are making for supper these days. When ur short on time and dont want a heavy meal in the heat...

pesek zman

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 1:15 pm
I cook on Sundays for the week. We do different recipes for chicken on the bone, chicken breasts , ground beef, with salad type side dishes

mha3484

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 1:42 pm
We eat mostly pareve and dairy with one meat meal usually. I use a combo of crockpot (keeps house cool)/a quick mac and cheese that DS loves and I add different veggies to/things from the freezer such as home made veggie burgers. Our grocery store has a chiddush where you can buy meat like chicken or burgers and they will grill it for you for free so that makes an easy I dont want to cook meal too.

tichellady

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 1:52 pm
Some of our summer dinners:
Salmon teriyaki with brown rice ( made in rice cooker) and microwaved broccoli. Corn tortillas with broiled tilapia and mango cilantro salsa. Big salad with grilled chicken or steak and corn on the cob. Spinach quiche and roasted sweet potato halves.

tichellady

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 1:59 pm
Some of our summer dinners:
Salmon teriyaki with brown rice ( made in rice cooker) and microwaved broccoli. Corn tortillas with broiled tilapia and mango cilantro salsa. Big salad with grilled chicken or steak and corn on the cob. Spinach quiche and roasted sweet potato halves.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 2:27 pm
I do boneless proteins that take just a few minutes to cook like chicken breast, dark chicken cutlets, salmon, tilapia, other fish, burgers, tacos, steak. Also crockpot dinners like roast chicken, meatballs. No cook protein salads with warm bread. And dairy pasta dishes. Quick side dishes like rice, potatoes, pasta. And fresh salad for vegetables.

mamallama

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 9:00 pm
I try to avoid turning on the oven as much as possible in the summer. We've been doing lots of grilling, milchig meals that can fit in the toaster oven (quiches, ziti), and stovetop cooking (stir fry, spanish omelets, rice). I've recently started putting up a crockpot dinner in the morning - it is so nice to just come home and relax without having to quickly pull together dinner, and it doesn't heat up the house.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics