Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Warts in Toddler's Tush!

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 12:40 pm
My 2 y.o. has warts in her tush (very ugly and painful) !! Doc prescribed Tangament 3xs a day for a month. she REFUSES to take the meds. Need advice!!! I have tried rewards, distractions, the elephant dispenser, etc. -- I need a different way or medication to help.

She does have warts in other parts of her body and the tea tree oil and Magic Wart cream has worked. Doctor (and I agree) advised strongly not to use those in that area. If someone has an idea of something ALL NATURAL please share.

Thank you.

amother because I have spoken to the world about this and don't want to reveal my username.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 7:34 pm
Does she refuse to take it because of the taste? My daughter was prescribed tagamet for molluscum warts and found it bitter, even when the pharmacy added grape flavoring. We finally got her to take it by mixing it with a combination of chocolate syrup and peanut butter to fully disguise the taste. You could try that and see if it works. By the way, tagamet really did help clear them up- within a week about half were starting to heal.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 02 2015, 10:34 pm
Is it regular warts or molloscum?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 1:08 am
Thank you for responding.

Tagament is difficult because of the taste - I was told not to mix it with other liquids, but if you did and it worked, maybe I will put in in applesauce....

The warts are molloscum that traveled there Sad

Any other suggestions??

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 1:14 am
My son's doctor told me that molluscum is a virus and it goes away by itself after a year or two and there's no need to do something. Am I missing something?

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 9:09 am
Did anyone ever try the apple cider vinegar approach?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 9:13 am
Burlywood - yes. It is molluscum and will go away, but for now it is painful.

Apple cider vinegar is very strong and may burn there - use that approach carefully.

Thank you for the responses. Please keep them coming.

sourstix

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 9:14 am
if its mollescum leave it alone! it goes away after about 2 yrs. if it doesnt bother dc why drive yourself crazy?

minnie mouse

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 9:20 am
amother wrote:
My son's doctor told me that molluscum is a virus and it goes away by itself after a year or two and there's no need to do something. Am I missing something?

I'm wondering the same. My dd had molluscum for almost 2 yrs untill it started clearing up. My pediatrician said there is nothing to do, but let it go away on its own. Its now 2 yrs later and its coming back again. She has one on her eye lid, one in her nostril and a few more on her face and hands....I would try anything to help her, but I cant put anything on these delicate areas....

redt85

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 10:47 am
Try a banana peel every night when she is sleeping and tape it on. I know this sounds weird! Try googling it, you will see hundreds or responses of how this has helped others with warts. I did this for my foot and it helped a lot. 5 years! But I am not sure if it well help this particular type of wart. It is on the skin of the tush right?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 11:57 am
She does have it on the skin of her tush, but I'm not worried about those. She has INSIDE the tush hole area - where you wipe. She flinches and is uncomfortable; that is why the tagament was prescribed.

Although, I will be trying the methods mentioned here for her other warts. I just hope she will accept the medication or I'm interested in finding out if there is anything else or any other meds that may work.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Waiting 2 years for it to go away on its own is not an option considering the discomfort she experiences every time she poops and is wiped. Sad

solo

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 6:58 pm
Moluscum is a virus and it will clear up on its own. It takes a looong time. And in the meantime it will continue to spread. I'm sry I decided to wait for the 1 moluscum dd had on her shoulder to clear. Now she has them on her arms torso and eyelid:((( shoulda removed the 1 before it spread everywhere.
Sry I don't have better advice for op

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 7:33 pm
I've had molluscum with a couple of my children at different times . With my first cases I let it take its course and it took over a year to go away ... When they got infected used alcohol and bacitaracin. When my daughter had a year ago dr recommended zymaderm. It worked and within a month they were all gone and she had lots. Not sure if ok to use in such delicate area though

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Aug 03 2015, 9:27 pm
We saw an infectious disease doctor for molluscum in the same spot in ds. He recommended diaper cream for temporary relief. Ds says it works.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics