Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bar Mitzvah Reply Cards for Kids friends

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 8:43 am
Do you put reply cards in for the kids in the class or you just assume they are all coming? How do you know how many kids to tell the caterer to set up for?

singleagain

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 8:49 am
Put in a reply card. Why on earth would you assume they could all come. I remember missing a classmate's bat mitzvah bc of a family conflict.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 8:50 am
If you send reply cards to the adults, you also send them to your son's friends. It's good training for them and makes them feel more "grown up." Even half the adults lose the reply cards before sending them, so be prepared to make a lot of follow-up calls.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 8:52 am
If you don't want to bother with reply cards then you can have them reply by email but don't just assume everyone is coming.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 8:54 am
OP I noticed my son got lots of invitations without reply cards and no email address. I was wondering if it was the new style. And no mothers ever called to see if he is coming.

syrima

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 10:22 am
all my son's friends handed out invitations, mostly with just emails. I think mothers assume the bar mitzvah boy's friends are coming because they all carpooled together and they all were excited to go. it would have been a big deal to my son if he had to miss a friend's party.
Also since all the boys sit at one big table there are no seating issues to work out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics