Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Cheap Mehadrin restaurants in Jerusalem

Gitch

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 6:10 pm
I will be in Jerusalem with my family for several weeks, in a rental with a full kitchen. I am looking for places to eat, milchig and fleishigs, that are inexpensive, in the city center. We eat badatz, rubin, chasm Sofer and not heter mechira.

Also, any good food stores in center city to stock up on basic food supplies?

Thanks.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 6:15 pm
Hai Teiman is a mehadrin (not sure if it is Rubin or Machphud) fast food type place -- not quite city center, but not far. It is by the knisat ha'ir.

November

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 6:21 pm
Sababa serves pizza, pasta and salads on Emek Refaim with a good mehadrin hechsher and is not very expensive.
You can also try Cafe Cafe and Gregs, many of which are mehadrin in Jerusalem (Center One, Kanfei Nesharim). They are a bit more expensive. Try to avoid Cafe Rimon, as it's very expensive.
Best place to shop for food is in Givat Shaul, at the Osher Ad or the Rami Levy mehadrin. Not sure about city center.

trixx

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 9:12 pm
Greg in Mamila is delicious but actually I would say cafe rimon on Ben yehuda is more economical as the portions are really large
I thought cafe cafe was nothing special

All tj3 places in center I can think of:
-Ben yehuda area: Sam bagels, a 20shek/pie pizza place right across from it, cafe rimon, katzefet and Aldo for ice cream waffles and crepes, big Apple pizza, cafe cafe
-piccolino in kikar musica which is the street with umbrellas, proper restaurant bit pricy
-chabba right by the shuk, btwn the open and closed street- pricy to eat out but the best breads and sandwiches
-maafe neeman mehadrin locations on king George, hadavidka I think don't rmmbr, and maybe also tachanat merkazit
-agvaniah, very cheap pizza place, 2 slices (reva magash or quarter pie) is like 13 shek which is 1 slice anywhere else - behind yafo towards old city but don't rmmbr the street
-fresh at Tachana rishona, forget which hashgacha it is

Eluna. Com has discounts off partnering restaurants so check beforehand but the site doesn't ensure the hashgacha status

Gitch

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 1:42 am
Thanks! Getting excited!

hila

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 1:59 am
Also I think the branches of English cake are Mehadrin (our local one is, but it uses heter mechira)

And most stores /cafes in Center One (near the bus station are Mehadrin)

And there are some new ones behind Yoe Salomon - Kikar Hamusika - Picolino (was Anna Ticho) and another next door.

If you get to Kanyon Malcha there are fast food places - mostly Mehadrin

And a new really nice place in the Gan Technology - I forgot the name but it is opposite the entrance. Worth a visit.

June

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 3:52 am
Not to rain on the parade, by "badatz" do you mean Badatz Yerushalayim, or Badatz Eidah HaChareidis?

Badatz Yerushalayim is Rabbanut Mehadrin, which many people eat and many people don't.

Hechsherim in Israel are very complicated, and you need to be sure that you know which ones you eat. For example, there are two Chasam Sofer hechsherim; Bnei Brak and Petah Tikva, and I know people who eat one but not the other.

soaraway

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 4:43 am
There's also an Osher Ad by Shefa mall as well as Shaarei Revacha (they deliver for a small fee) down Yirmiyahu. Both arre great places to stock up!

Smile1234

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 5:49 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Hai Teiman is a mehadrin (not sure if it is Rubin or Machphud) fast food type place -- not quite city center, but not far. It is by the knisat ha'ir.

Halo Teiman is Machpud
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions