Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Re-piercing earlobe - Poll Added
Previous  1  2

Would you/have you repierced?
I would go to a tattoo parlor  
 0%  [ 0 ]
I would not go to a tattoo parlor  
 0%  [ 0 ]
I would just forget it & wear clip-ons/screw-backs  
 0%  [ 0 ]
I would go to a dermatologist  
 100%  [ 1 ]
Have no experience/opinion  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

musicmom

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 7:13 am
The second surgery, did they also sew with an earring in the ear?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 09 2015, 7:56 am
No. The second time, the earlobe was cut, and completely sewn up. I was told to wait three months before repiercing, but waited about half a year.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 2:04 pm
Quote:
There is a PA in Lakewood who specializes in stitches/laceration repairs.
Yes, that's Raizy Akerman. She is indeed excellent.

She did my repair but now I'm looking for a recommendation for re-piercing.

nywife

Post Tue, Mar 10 2015, 2:24 pm
I had this about 10 years ago. I had always worn heavy-ish earrings and my holes got stretched out. Then one day I fell asleep with my earrings in and when I woke up my right ear was completely ripped through. I didn't feel it at all but it looked a little weird. I went to a plastic surgeon who stitched it up. Because I took care of it within a 24 hour window, my insurance considered it an emergency procedure & didn't charge me (bh).
As far as recovery- it's like any other stitches. They get removed after about a week. I couldn't re pierce for 6 months as my dr wanted the site to heal. When I got it re pierced the woman made the hole slightly next to the scar tissue.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 3:20 pm
It's OP & I still haven't done the re-piercing yet. I was told Mrs. Reich from Reich Jewelers is very good but not available for 4 weeks! I am really hoping someone has a specific recommendation, and somehow I don't think the atmosphere at a tatoo/piercing place would be my speed.
See minute 23

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 1:11 pm
I called a few people and asked if they use a needle (as recommended by someone above). They have no idea what I am talking about. Sigh.

I even called Mrs. Akerman. She does not know anyone to recommend. So I feel stuck. Not gonna "just do it" til I feel confident but now I have spent over $400 & can't wear earrings....

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 3:31 pm
Just spoke to another person who uses a gun. But she says she marks the spot & you approve it & she's never had a problem. What to do, what to do?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 5:02 pm
I had my ears pierced with a gun. The lady who did it made a mark and my mother took a look and said it's ok. It was perfect, so I don't think there is a problem with guns. Then again, it was the first time around.
Now I remember my mother had a friend who had an ear sewn and repierced and had constantly problems with infections, and I think had it sewn and repierced again. That was well over 20 years ago and I don't remember the details.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 12:09 am
Okay, so not the most interesting poll ever posted on this site... good thing we don't have popularity contests here (Thank you, Yael).

imasoftov

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 6:15 am
Would I go to a tattoo parlor or would I go to a tattoo parlor?

singleagain

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 9:25 am
Like I said in a previous post, for repiercing I would go to a tattoo parlor that is licensed and clean etc. I would also go there if I had some sort of complicated piercing.

However, the first time I went to a jewelry kiosk called piercing pagoda.

watergirl

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 10:57 am
Why is Clairs (at any mall) not an option?

I know from research that tatoo parlors are safer, cleaner, better... The people are highly trained as opposed to a teenage worker at the mall.

Having said that, my own ears needed to be repierced more than once. I went to Clairs! I also took my daughter there for her earrings. It was fine each time.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics