Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Sugar Free Shabbos Menu

gibberish

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 3:49 pm
I'm having guests on Shabbos that cannot have sugar and like to limit starches as well. I do not like using artificial sweeteners. What ideas do you all have that I can serve? They also need to limit meat intake (but can have chicken)

Some ideas that I have so far:
Chicken
Salmon
Grilled vegetables
Israeli salad
tomato salad
green beans
fruit for appetizer or dessert
vegetable roll
quinoa
cholent for day meal

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 4:10 pm
That looks like quite an extensive menu!
Can they have fruit, despite their natural sugars?
Some vegetable ideas (although any vegetable will do- just go to your supermarket and browse the vegetable aisle for inspiration):
Asparagus, sesame broccoli, roasted cauliflower, roasted butternut squash, spaghetti squash kugel, sautéed mushrooms and shallots, roasted baby carrots, grilled vegetables (eggplant, squash, red onion, peppers), lettuce salad with Italian dressing or other sugar free dressing
Chicken ideas: Grilled chicken (on grill or grill pan) that was marinated (there are awesome marinade recipes out there. You can do oil, lemon juice and herbs; you can use a spice mix; the options are endless. You can even make a grilled chicken salad.)
Chicken cutlets fried in ground almonds or pecans
Chicken stir fry

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 05 2015, 5:28 pm
gibberish wrote:
I'm having guests on Shabbos that cannot have sugar and like to limit starches as well. I do not like using artificial sweeteners. What ideas do you all have that I can serve? They also need to limit meat intake (but can have chicken)

Some ideas that I have so far:
Chicken
Salmon
Grilled vegetables
Israeli salad
tomato salad
green beans
fruit for appetizer or dessert
vegetable roll
quinoa
cholent for day meal
You can make all the above using savory low carb cooking methods. Do you need help with any of the our menu?
I assume the they can eat the salads and green beans and stay away from vegetable roll if they want to limit their starch.
If they need a non starch cholent that can be done too but if there's enough variety at the meal they can probably just skip that dish or just take very little.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking