Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Mops-consignment sheital?

Kumphort

Post Thu, Jul 18 2013, 10:59 pm
I keep seeing her on fb. Has anyone bought anything from her? Does she stand behind what she is selling. Did you have any issues with the piece that you bought? How was it handled?

Did you feel that you for a better piece in the end for your $$, or would you have been better off buying something brand new from a lower end place?

Thanks for any insight !

Kumphort

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 1:07 pm
Bump?

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 1:40 pm
where did she get a name like that ... is she a humorous person & does a good job - or is she just anti sheitel ... cause if it's the latter I wouldn't bring my sheitel there Confused

mummiedearest

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 1:47 pm
gosh, I have some sheitels to get rid of. what are her prices like?

fromnj

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 2:57 pm
I've bought two wigs from her. Yes, she has a sense of humor. She sells both consignment and new pieces. She has a "show" (is that what it is called?) in the mountains this weekend, Sunday and Monday I think?

Coincidentally, both the wigs I bought were milanos. I didn't plan it that way. I'm very happy with both, and also with the woman who works with her and does cuts, fittings, etc.

I can't say what is a typical price, but one was under $800 and one was under $500. She gives a free cut. One was more because it needed to be dyed my color.

She doesn't take all wigs on consignment, but it never hurts to ask!

fromnj

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 3:01 pm
oh! one more thing. I bought my second wig and I was in a huge rush, I just tried it on and bought it. When I went to wear it the clips were digging into my scalp and the earpieces were giving me a raw spot. I took it back and the stylist took out the offending clips and adjusted the cap so the ear pieces are awesome. No extra charge.

ChutzPAh

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 4:26 pm
How is that much cheaper than a brand new Milano ? Why would it be worth it to buy a used wig for that price ?

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 6:08 pm
fromnj wrote:
Yes, she has a sense of humor.

thankfully so - unless her last name is 'mops'

fromnj wrote:

I can't say what is a typical price, but one was under $800 and one was under $500. She gives a free cut. One was more because it needed to be dyed my color.

$300 for hair dye ??? you know you can buy hair dye for $10 at walmart ...

mimimom

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 2:56 pm
[quote=$300 for hair dye ??? you know you can buy hair dye for $10 at walmart ...[/quote]

And you shaitel will look like you spent $10 to dye it, too.

QUEENY

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 3:01 pm
I sold an unused wig through her, I was very happy to get anything for a wig that was just sitting on my shelf. I was able to buy myself a designer pair of glasses Smile

bobeli

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 3:05 pm
how do I give her a shaitel to sell?

syrima

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 4:19 pm
(646) 270-4058

This is the number posted on her fb MOPS page.

fromnj

Post Wed, Jul 31 2013, 8:06 pm
ChutzPAh wrote:
How is that much cheaper than a brand new Milano ? Why would it be worth it to buy a used wig for that price ?

The cheaper wig was a milano pony. I think they retail for $600? Often milano has sales, so maybe you can get it for $550? This was a large cap (not sure if that matters). I bought it for $325. The other was from another milano collection, higher end.

luv4kayaks

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 8:30 pm
I bought two at different times.. one is beautiful.. the other..she repaired a weft (in a timely response)- she responded to customer service questions and stood behind what she sells..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels