Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Republican debates

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 8:12 pm
Are you planning on watching the second round of presidential debates tonight?

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 8:29 pm
If I can pick it up on the internet, yes. I tried to get the kiddie debate but couldn't find it. I hear Fiorina won the jr. round — she is very focused and clearly is extremely bright.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 8:34 pm
Here's a link for the stream. BOR is on now so I have the volume off.

http://www.playlivenew.com/201.....live/

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 8:35 pm
Second round? When was the first? Can I get tonight's online?

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 8:39 pm
I just posted a link. The candidates who didn't make the cut for tonights debate debated earlier.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 8:59 pm
Thanks!

A heads up to anyone using Magenta Yenta's link: when I allowed ads, I got a window telling me my Flash player isn't up to date and wanted to install GU player, which is adware/malware. So be careful — and don't allow ads on that site.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 9:00 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Thanks!

A heads up to anyone using Magenta Yenta's link: when I allowed ads, I got a window telling me my Flash player isn't up to date and wanted to install GU player, which is adware/malware. So be careful — and don't allow ads on that site.

Good info. I run ad block so I would not have noticed.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 9:22 pm
Thanks but link isn't working. Usually I can get access at fox news website but it isn't going through there either. Sad

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 10:00 pm
VIN has a link

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 10:20 pm
Finally got it running on fox's site. Thanks!

DrMom

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 3:23 am
I find them frustrating. Too many people talking, not enough chance to discuss issues, everyone trying to get in their cute snarky soundbites so they will be memorable. Yuck.

animeme

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 7:55 am
Dr. Mom, if you want a better chance to actually hear what people think, try the forum from earlier this week that Trump didn't go to and the senators attended by link up. Each candidate is given time to say what they say, though they are asked different questions, and some are more substantive than others.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UPJpLfDlMhc

PAMOM

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 8:15 am
MagentaYenta, I found it too painful to listen to, although I was pleasantly surprised by a couple of comments reported in the news this am.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 8:20 am
MagentaYenta wrote:
Are you planning on watching the second round of presidential debates tonight?

I didn't want to tie up the computer. Had hoped to listen on our Fox radio affiliate. But so far, from one talk show I'm listening to I'm getting a decent feel for it. Though some people won't merit even sound bites during the dissections, I guess.

Best line I've heard so far, from Ben Carson (who's a fine person but why is he there again?): I'm the only one here who's separated conjoined twins, who's operated on a baby in utero, and removed half a brain. Though if you go to Washington you might think someone got there first.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 8:22 am
The forum in New Hampshire earlier this week was very friendly, a good opportunity to see candidates in a less adversarial format.

I only saw parts of the debate last night — was taking care of my mother and taking care of a PayPal issue on my balabusta.us website (hope that wasn't an ad Wink ) — but I am starting to get more of a sense of the candidates. As far as soundbites, some people have a knack for talking in soundbites, and the current media coverage, and perhaps the attention span of most voters, encourages it. This certainly works to the detriment of people like Governor Walker, who seems rather... uncharismatic.

This is the first time I've seen Mr. Trump in action, and I can see why he's (at least currently) so popular. I was laughing out loud at some of his politically incorrect comments.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 8:36 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
The forum in New Hampshire earlier this week was very friendly, a good opportunity to see candidates in a less adversarial format.

I only saw parts of the debate last night — was taking care of my mother and taking care of a PayPal issue on my balabusta.us website (hope that wasn't an ad Wink ) — but I am starting to get more of a sense of the candidates. As far as soundbites, some people have a knack for talking in soundbites, and the current media coverage, and perhaps the attention span of most voters, encourages it. This certainly works to the detriment of people like Governor Walker, who seems rather... uncharismatic.

This is the first time I've seen Mr. Trump in action, and I can see why he's (at least currently) so popular. I was laughing out loud at some of his politically incorrect comments.

He's a piece of work, Mr. Trump.
Earlier this week I heard him on Sean Hannity where he said that he's made donations to politicians and later asked them for favors, which they delivered, even if it wasn't in the country's best interests. Maybe I missed something but Hannity dropped the ball and didn't ask him: Can you give us an example?
So Trump says that he won't be subject to such bribery, but who's to say the 435 senators and representatives won't?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics