Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Almost feel bad about not going part time

justforfun87

Post Mon, Aug 10 2015, 10:28 pm
I actually had a semi similar post about this when I was newly post partum and full of emotions but now that my hormones have leveled off I want to revisit the subject. I have been the primary/sole provider for about 5 years while my husband was in school. We have two beautiful little children. Since the beginning (usually more often when I am pregnant) I have been counting down the days, wiping away the tears, until my husband would finally have a full time job. The times has arrived ladies BH! Unfortunately though it is not six figures. We could probably afford me going part time but living tightly. I kind of enjoy having help in the house 1x week, buying extra things, going out to dinner. If I were to go part time we would be just a bit better situation than we are now, which is not great but ok if we budgeted. We do have tons of student loans which makes our income look like nothing. On the other hand we are not paying tuition yet and maybe I should spend these few years spending more time with the kiddos, being more available. My baby is 10 months and I honestly feel a bit burnt out. I don't like making dinner, she is very attached so hard to put down, I am not good at cleaning, and quite frankly very unproductive with my time. I just don't want to kick myself once tuition starts and I will deff not be able to work part time!
Just venting.

imeinu

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 12:57 am
It's often helpful to make a list of pros and cons for the situation. this is a major decision but either way can be right or wrong for you. Its not an easy decision to be made by someone else. Personally, I'd enjoy getting out a little and come home a better mommy, rather than lazing the day away, but that is just me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics