Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does such an organization exist?

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 10:13 pm
I need an attorney who specializes in a specific field. Is there some kind of referral organization for legal issues? Similar to Relief, Echo, etc. who do medical referrals.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 10:25 pm
Never heard of a frum one!
You can call the bar association for the county that you're in, but realize, they'll refer any attorneys who paid to be on their referral list.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 11:56 pm
Depending on your issue, imamother might not be a bad resource.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 4:06 pm
amother wrote:
Depending on your issue, imamother might not be a bad resource.

here goes:
I am looking for an attorney who specializes in civil law in the area of NY/NJ. I want to know if we have basis for a lawsuit.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 4:11 pm
amother wrote:
here goes:
I am looking for an attorney who specializes in civil law in the area of NY/NJ. I want to know if we have basis for a lawsuit.

A spinoff or new title may be advisable.

sourstix

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 4:15 pm
whatever field you are looking for is good here to come to imamother someone might lead you the right way. I am not familiar with different types if lawyers. why to reach a personal injury lawyer. they might guide you

sourstix

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 4:18 pm
sorry I just realized your looking for civil law lawyer. its basically a dispute you have. as google mentions. did you try beis din? I guess you either did, or know they wont follow.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 4:40 pm
sourstix wrote:
sorry I just realized your looking for civil law lawyer. its basically a dispute you have. as google mentions. did you try beis din? I guess you either did, or know they wont follow.

I can't take a gentile to beis din.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 4:48 pm
I once called לאסורים, ( I think that's what the organization was called). They recommended a lawyer who was an amazing shaliach for us, and who really saved us from a lot of trouble. Interestingly, we had not considered that specific lawyer before calling them, as people in the community had recommended other lawyers.

sourstix

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 4:52 pm
maybe aleph beit institute might have info. they deal with jew being incarcerated and they may have a lead.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 4:59 pm
amother wrote:
I once called לאסורים, ( I think that's what the organization was called). They recommended a lawyer who was an amazing shaliach for us, and who really saved us from a lot of trouble. Interestingly, we had not considered that specific lawyer before calling them, as people in the community had recommended other lawyers.

They may be a good lead. I will try them, even though they are really not for this, but they may know.

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 4:59 pm
Civil law is a huge field encompassing many specialties. It's like asking for a doctor who specializes in medicine. Many general practice attorneys handle a range of issues but some do have a specialty such as medical malpractice, civil rights, employment law.

In general the best way to find a competent lawyer is to ask another lawyer or someone who runs a business. Many attorneys don't have a private practice but work for a corporation so are good for referrals and people in business can get a referral from attorneys their company uses who also might not handle civil litigation for individuals.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 5:05 pm
Amarante wrote:
Civil law is a huge field encompassing many specialties. It's like asking for a doctor who specializes in medicine. Many general practice attorneys handle a range of issues but some do have a specialty such as medical malpractice, civil rights, employment law.

In general the best way to find a competent lawyer is to ask another lawyer or someone who runs a business. Many attorneys don't have a private practice but work for a corporation so are good for referrals and people in business can get a referral from attorneys their company uses who also might not handle civil litigation for individuals.

I'm not so familiar with legalese, but I did mention I want to know more about if we have basis for a lawsuit. Do I need to mention in what context the lawsuit would be?

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 5:31 pm
I wouldn't necessarily rely on referrals from anonymous people on the Internet for my attorney :-)

However, if you let us know in general terms what the issue is, someone might be able to point you in the most appropriate direction and/or provide more helpful advice in terms if evaluating your options.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics