Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Double stroller advice

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 9:38 pm
I could use some guidance. I am due in December and my kids will be 22 months apart iyh. I have the uppababy 2014 single which is a shame bc I hear the 2015 converts to a double way better.

So what are your recs for a double stroller?

tovli toraspicha

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 9:43 pm
If you don't need your older child to nap in the stroller and you don't want to buy a new stroller I would suggest getting the rumble seat for the uppababy. Do you have a car seat adaptor?

chatz

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 10:00 pm
If money is an issue, I'd say the rumble seat - you already have the stroller.

I don't think a buggy board for the older one is enough at that age.

Personally, if you can afford another stroller (and have the storage space), I'd buy a side by side double, like the city mini double. Much more comfortable for the kids and more comfortable to push than a tandem. (I don't have experience with the uppababy but do have experience with another single stroller that converted to double)

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 10:13 pm
I recently bought the mountain buggy. I paid $525 including shipping. I love it.

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Aug 11 2015, 11:45 pm
It depends what you need out of it. Some questions to consider: Do you go up and down a lot of steps? If so, personally I think that side by side is easier than tandem, as tandem can make for an uneven distribution of weight.

Will you need to put it in and out of the car a lot? Tandem strollers often require you to take off the second seat before folding it.

How narrow is your doorway? Often side-by-side doubles will not fit through narrow doorways.

I have the Britax B-Agile double and really like it. It is good quality and very functional for a very reasonable price. The only thing is that I have a narrow doorway, so it doesn't fit through, which is very annoying. But it does fit through most doorways that I have come across (I live in America), just not my narrow one. Apparently the Mountain Buggy Duet is the stroller of choice for many people living in E"Y because it is narrow enough to fit through the doorways.

Hatzlacha and B'Shaah Tova!

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 12:58 am
Thanks guys. To clarify I'm fine buying a new stroller but think it's a shame that my model uppababy doesn't convert well. Oh well.

I'm in and out of the car but also would be going for walks around the neighborhood. Stairs aren't such an issue.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 12:59 am
There are a few different baby jogger double strollers right?

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 8:07 am
I just did a lot of research as I needed a double. My 3 1/2 year old still runs into the street (he's very fast and hard to run after) and my 15 month old doesn't walk yet. Iyh due in a few months and baby will be 18-19 months.
Wanted something that folds relatively easy, can have a bassinet for a newborn, car seat adapter, light weight, isn't too narrow so my 3 year old can fit in it and also space for his feet so that they aren't pushed up to his chest or dangling to the floor. Went to a local store and tried pushing in the store the different doubles.

Finally made a decision and recently purchased the Valco Baby Ultra Snap Duo (double). It's great. Easy to push.

Didn't get the accessories now (car seat adapter, bassinet). Will wait till after the birth iyh.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 9:34 am
amother wrote:
I just did a lot of research as I needed a double. My 3 1/2 year old still runs into the street (he's very fast and hard to run after) and my 15 month old doesn't walk yet. Iyh due in a few months and baby will be 18-19 months.
Wanted something that folds relatively easy, can have a bassinet for a newborn, car seat adapter, light weight, isn't too narrow so my 3 year old can fit in it and also space for his feet so that they aren't pushed up to his chest or dangling to the floor. Went to a local store and tried pushing in the store the different doubles.

Finally made a decision and recently purchased the Valco Baby Ultra Snap Duo (double). It's great. Easy to push.

Didn't get the accessories now (car seat adapter, bassinet). Will wait till after the birth iyh.

Ok I will check that one out thanks!

Beyla

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 10:13 am
City Mini double is very comfortable for the babies and easy to fold! Just check if it's not too large for your door and your car!

chicco

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 1:15 pm
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bumbleride strollers. I have a single indie and a twin indie and they are by far the best strollers I've seen in person. They push like a dream, fit carseats, recline and canopy separately, have a large basket, and a host of other lovely features. They are a bit heavy- but for me- super worth it. Also their customer service is amazing! They also fit through standard doorways and come in a host of attractive colors.

Bshaa tova and good luck!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 3:29 pm
My DIL has a Valco Baby double-not sure which model. She likes a lot of things about it, but is not so impressed by its (lack of) durability. It's only about 1.5 years old and some stuff is already broken. (Again, don't know exact details.) This might only be her experience, but I'd suggest that before buying the Valco, talk to people who owned it for a while to get their opinion.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 3:41 pm
amother wrote:
My DIL has a Valco Baby double-not sure which model. She likes a lot of things about it, but is not so impressed by its (lack of) durability. It's only about 1.5 years old and some stuff is already broken. (Again, don't know exact details.) This might only be her experience, but I'd suggest that before buying the Valco, talk to people who owned it for a while to get their opinion.

I'm the poster earlier up thread who recently got the Valco double. I have a valco single which will be 10 years old this Tishrei. It's in decent condition. Has been used continuously since I purchased it. My neighbor who purchased the Valco double runabout 9 years ago, still has it. The new model I purchased just came out a few months ago. They have discontinued two other models recently. that may be the one your daughter has.

wantavaca

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 6:09 pm
imo the city mini is way better than any fancy ones out there. and ive had many of them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics