Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Where to find cute things for dh - CHicago

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 9:33 pm
I want to get nice cute things for dh like different sayings different cards small presents just cute nice things. Were do I find those things here in Chicago?

busydev

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 9:44 pm
cards you can get at dollar tree (for $1) or any other store (jewel, target etc)

not sure what else your looking for (sayings?) maybe post an example?? are they supposed to be jewish or stam?

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Aug 12 2015, 9:51 pm
busydev wrote:
cards you can get at dollar tree (for $1) or any other store (jewel, target etc)

not sure what else your looking for (sayings?) maybe post an example?? are they supposed to be jewish or stam?

Stum stuff. Like little cards with poems or small random things

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 8:27 am
Or even small things that have cute sayings on them......

fbc

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 10:52 am
Shucks we used to have an American greetings store right here on lincolnwood mall, and that sounds exactly like what you're looking for, but they either closed down totally, or at least they moved and I don't know where they are located now. They had magnets, snowglobes, little glass figurines, mugs, pens, all different kinds of stuff, amid plenty of cards to go around! Two stores I can think of that are somewhat similar tho, maybe a tad more expensive tho, are things remembered and papyrus. Things remembered doesn't have cards, and I dunno that is call their stuff cute, but you can get cufflinks engraved with his initials (I got them for my husband, one with his initials and one with my initials), you can get him a name plate for his desk, a wine glass, a nice pen. Papyrus had the more cutsie stuff. But I wonder if American greetings is still online? Check it out! Good luck!

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 1:45 pm
fbc wrote:
Shucks we used to have an American greetings store right here on lincolnwood mall, and that sounds exactly like what you're looking for, but they either closed down totally, or at least they moved and I don't know where they are located now. They had magnets, snowglobes, little glass figurines, mugs, pens, all different kinds of stuff, amid plenty of cards to go around! Two stores I can think of that are somewhat similar tho, maybe a tad more expensive tho, are things remembered and papyrus. Things remembered doesn't have cards, and I dunno that is call their stuff cute, but you can get cufflinks engraved with his initials (I got them for my husband, one with his initials and one with my initials), you can get him a name plate for his desk, a wine glass, a nice pen. Papyrus had the more cutsie stuff. But I wonder if American greetings is still online? Check it out! Good luck!

Yes thanks that would have been exactly what I was looking for. That's a shame. I'm surprised it's so hard to find things like that I'm sure people want to buy these kind of things. Oh well. I hope to find something

fbc

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 2:32 pm
Would you buy something online? Namestreetgifts.com has really nice things, nothing specifically with cute quotes tho or anything. I also just heard of someone who opened up "paddiwax gifts" she might do it out of her house? Check it out, ask around! I don't know what kinda things she has

busydev

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 9:00 pm
I assume most people can buy those things online...

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 5:49 am
jewel on howard in evanston/rogers park area has a section of chicago tchachkes like mugs, globes, shirts, hats, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics