Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Sheitelmachers- how do u build up a customer base?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 6:30 am
Im trying to start out as a sheitelmacher but am really struggling to get ppl coming. I took a great course and I know I have talent and good prices but ppl want to go to the most popular women in town who have been doing it 20 yrs already. Which I understand but how do I attract new customers?

ven

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 6:41 am
mouth to mouth is the best advertising u can have. Maybe u can temporarely do styling for a very cheap prize and build it up from there?

ahuva06

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 6:43 am
INSTAGRAM.

Post pictures of your work and follow other hair and makeup accounts so that you get followers. A lot of young shaitel machers became very well known through social media. I'd advise you to give it a shot.

(when you have an account up and running, I would be glad to follow!)

justforfun87

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 6:46 am
Agree with Becca. You need to break into social media. Join your local Facebook groups and upload photos of you work. Take out a small ad in one of the jewish local circulars and make it heavily discounted for first time customers.

watergirl

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 7:08 am
In my neighborhood, a newish sheitel macher offers a free wash and set to any new comer to the town. She posts it on the local facebook jewish mommies page. Its totally brilliant - most people move during the summer. They hear about the deal ans get a free wash/set - then the chaggim are right around the corner and who do they go to? The one they already know!

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 7:13 am
Yes social media is huge. Also, are you part of a community email group? There are a few people who send out emails a few times a month with specials that they are running, and offer something extra that the local, established sheitel machers don't offer (one offers free sit down - most places here charge an extra $5 for that). Good luck!

Kumphort

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 9:24 am
What about offering ur current customers incentives for referrals. For every 3 ppl they recommend free wash/set etc

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 11:37 am
Smile op here
Thanks a bunch this is all awesome advice!! Really helpful:)

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 2:16 pm
I am desperately looking for a new sheitel macher as mine moved away. I don't know how to find one, the super popular ones are too busy, you can't get an appointment... I don't need popular I just need really good. So I guess I have to reverse problem. If you are in my neighborhood I would gladly try you out once and see how I like your work.

questioner

Post Thu, Aug 13 2015, 4:05 pm
If you are flexible and can advertise that you are still available a few days before Y"T, or in general offer quick turnaround (drop off a sheitel in the morning and pick it up that evening or v.v.) that is a good way of getting the last minute people when the more popular sheitel machers are full.

And as others have said, offer them a punch card - do a sheitel 5 times and get the next one free, and that can keep them coming back.

(Not mentioning how I know that one embarrassed )

trixx

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 1:21 am
Yes to Instagram. I literally booked my hairdresser for my wedding bc I had found her on Instagram.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 8:28 am
Cool that you booked for ur wedding thru instagram- what did you see on her instagram that was so attractive? Just pix or good offers also?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics