Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
American Chabad making aliyah

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 8:29 am
A possible job offer has come up for Dh in Jerusalem area. It's always been a huge dream of mine and Dh to make Aliyah. So this literally seems like a dream come true.
But we have a few small children and we are very typical American Lubavitchers. Not modern chabad at all (husband only wears button down shirts doesn't trim beard, I wear sheital and stockings out of the house) but I feel like we would be considered more modern in Israel. (Read secular novels and magazines, dress more trendy etc.. ) all of which I think is not what it is really all about anyway. But that is besides the point the point. Also we are seriously not into the yechi situation at all. It has no place in our Yiddishkeit whatsoever.

Is there people like us in yerushalyim? Any American Chabad people live there? Where could our kids go to school???

They are Bh still young enough for them to adjust easily I think. And we have some extended family (not Chabad) that live there as well.

Obviously we will look into everything in great details if we decide to look at this job offer more seriously. But was wondering if any ladies here have some insight?

brocha1

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 10:40 pm
Hi we are a Charas family who made slits five years ago to tamer be is she mesh aleph happy to help please on hatzlocha

brocha1

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 10:41 pm
Hi we are a Chabad family who made aliya five years ago happy to help you

justcallmeima

Post Sat, Aug 15 2015, 11:07 pm
There are quite a few American Chabad families in Beit Shemesh and Ramat Beit Shemesh.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 12:17 am
Devorah Benjamins sister posted on ch Craigslist a while ago that she had made aliyah a few years ago and is available for any q re schools, places to live etc
Don't rmmbr her name or number sorry

hila

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 12:38 am
There are plenty of Chabad communities withing the Jerusalem area. You will not feel out of place at all. I know there is a thriving Chabad Rehavia, and in Gilo too. I am sure there are more.

Plus in Efrat - which itself is a mainly dl town, we have a Chabad shul and community , (My son loves it because they daven late on Shabbat, so he can sleep longer, and they have a great kiddush on Shabbat mevarchim). Some of them are Americans, and one is a close friend. I can send you her email for more questions if you want.

Hatslacha.

And if you decide to come let us know, and there are lots of lovely Israeli imamothers (some Chabad and some not)

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 1:08 am
Op here. Thanks so much for the replies. Dh IYH is having a meeting this week to get further info about the job opportunity. On one hand I feel this is our dream we have an opportunity lets make it happen. But on the other hand I need to make sure this makes sense. Also. It wasn't exactly an official job offer. It was a discussion with a friend who works for a company in Israel. My dh has a very unique and specific set of skills and his friend was like we are looking for someone with exactly your skill set who speaks English. So now seeing if it's a real offer.

finallyamommy

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 8:38 am
I think RBS might be your best bet; also check out Tel Zion.

etky

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 10:01 am
Beitar Illit?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 1:22 pm
I was also going to say beitar. I have an anglo chabad friend who is very happy there.

brocha1

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 2:09 pm
Hi that was me Deborah Benjamin sister happy to help as I posted before

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 2:34 pm
Shaarei Chesed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions