Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning Steel Watch Band

fluffernutter

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 9:33 am
I have a Skagen watch (band like this one - http://www.skagen.com/gb/en/wo.....sting). It recently started to smell from sweat and its so gross - any ideas on how to clean it?

Thanks!

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 12:13 pm
If band is STAINLESS steel, soak in a solution of sudsy ammonia and water and scrub with an old toothbrush before rinsing well. Challenge is keeping watch itself dry. Try wrapping tightly in Saran Wrap and be very careful to keep edges of wrapping away from the soaking solution. If band is other than stainless, scrub with baking soda, rinse and dry immediately. Use a blow-dryer to dry inaccessible crevices. Again, tightly wrap watch itself to seal out water and powder.

fluffernutter

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 7:36 pm
Thanks zaq. The watch says it is all stainless steel. The actual watch is supposedly waterproof to 3 meters but I usually don't get it wet.

Do they sell ammonia by itself? Anyone know where to get it in Israel?

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 8:14 pm
You can get plain (not sudsy) ammonia solution as well. If you can't get ammonia, use a plain solution of dishwashing liquid in water, scrub, then rinse in water. Since watch is supposedly waterproof, you don't have to be so scrupulous about keeping it dry, but I would still not immerse it in ammonia.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry