Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Valco vs city mini

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 8:33 am
im having twins and I'm going between the valco snap duo and the city mini double. Any advice? They are the same price. Also, how necessary is it to get the bassinet for the stroller. They cost more but allow the baby to be in a flat position. I know the strollers also "fully" recline but is it really the same?

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 9:13 am
Valco is much more lightweight but has just one canopy across. The other valco model,I forget what it is called, has recersible seats with indivudal canopies, but is not as lightweight. Reversible seats is awesome, so your babies can see you all the time, and you can see them.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 9:31 am
The newest model "taylormade" actually has 2 canopies. The seats are not reversible. That is something I really wanted but after doing research I discovered the reversible one was not good quality

SYA

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 9:42 am
The reversible valco has been discontinued. The new Ultra snap duo model has 2 canopies whether you get the classic black material or prefer the more expensive denim or heather gray.

As for bassinet, I personally loved it. My kids slept in the single bassinet for the first few weeks and were much happier and slept better. By 6 weeks I moved them to a porter crib. You can use it for the night time in the beginning. It's not a necessity but it is an added bonus. I found that even with the infant head support an infant still moves around, so I felt safer that way.

chatz

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 9:58 am
I'm very happy with my city mini double.

Regarding bassinets for newborns, I never felt a need for them. At home, my twins shared a portable crib. And outside.. I had winter babies and we didn't get out at all in the beginning. Plus snowsuits give extra cushioning. And for the summer, you can buy a cushion for support for about $20.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 10:30 am
I have the snap duo. it has two canopies, only the really old ones dont. it pushes well, and reclines all the way.it has organizers on the back of hte seats, and I like the basket. the fold is great and has a carrying strap attached to carry it on one shoulder. its sleeker than the city mini, and I am really really happy with it. I also saw someone had something like this in the valco for a newborn, it worked nicely to make it super newborn friendly.

http://www.amazon.com/Summer-I.....VA3SO

mamita

Post Tue, Aug 18 2015, 10:48 am
Found that for first few weeks of life some babies are better off on slight incline for acid/reflux, til digestive system matures. For such a baby bassinetvis too flat
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more